What's new

Pioneer 1014 or 56TXI (1 Viewer)

Jim Lyman

Agent
Trying to decide if the 56 is worth twice the price of the 1014. Both have 110 watts. I'm trying to convince my wife why we need the 56 over the 1014. Be careful she'll be reading this too! (LOL)

Later, Jim

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
-Less "rats nest" of wires in the back using I-Link.
-Advanced Auto setup/EQ means easier setup.
-Peace of mind knowing you don't need to upgrade later.
-allows you to connect to your computer to play mp3 audio files.

Eric A

Second Unit
Definitely the 56TXi. I have had a 59TXi and now a 56TXi. The 56TXi is much more of the 59TXi than the 55TXi was. It is really worth the difference.

Jim Lyman

Agent
Thanks guys, I am new to this I-link. If I were to purchase the 56 what else would I need to use the I-link? Do brands have to match or are all i-links the same?
Later

Chip E

Screenwriter
iLink = firewire, ie: 1394. It is a universal standard unlike, let's say, Denon's Denon Link which is proprietary. Any firewire dvd player would work with the 56txi. Alot of people use the Pioneer Elite 47ai or Pioneer Elite 59avi via firewire because not to many company's seem to have iLink players out yet. I think Yamaha is coming out with one soon.. I use the 56txi and am quite pleased with it. The advanced auto cal is amazing. I don't use iLink right now because i'm not prepared to upgrade my dvd player yet. I'm looking forward to it though. The idea of using a single cable for all digital audio,DVD-A,&SACD IS appealing. Right now it looks like a pound of spagetti behind my rack!

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Chip, now that you've had your 56TXi for a few days, how does it compare to the 52TX (1014TX) you previously had?

Jim Lyman

Agent
Yes Chip I would like to hear this too. Do you think the 56 does alot better job of processing?
Later, Jim

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I have a 56TXi and love it! For about a year now, I have had B&W 600 series (602's) speakers paired with a Best Buy Yamaha 5490. I was not really satisfied with the receiver/speaker combo. I felt like something was really missing.

I decided to add the Elite 56 to my system based on good word of mouth over at AVS. Boy was it a great decision!

This receiver has a ton of power. I bi-amped my mains since I just have a 5.1 setup and it rocks!

I am not using the Ilink function as of right now, but it is nice to have for future use.

All I know is that the 56TXi is worth every penny. When I move to a larger home, I will just add an external amp and keep on smiling :).

Chip E

Screenwriter
The 56txi seems like it has more headroom. I'm really liking this receiver. The advanced auto calibration makes my rig sing.. Processing is the same as far as i can tell. Although, the 54tx & 56txi have duel processors where the 52tx has a single processor. I think one may be dedicated to the advanced MCACC on the 54tx & 56txi. I'm glad i moved to the 56txi. No what if's..

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 1014TX is an amazing value but it seems the 56TXi is more of a true middle ground between the 54TX and the 59TXi (where the 55TXi was really just a 53TX w/ i.link). It really doesn't seem like a fair comparisson and if the funds are there I would go w/ the 56TXi. Although, w/ the same funds I might consider the 1014TX and a good 5ch amp.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
The 52TX and 1014TX use a single Motorola DSP at 180 MIPS.
The 54TX and above use dual Motorola chips, but probably at 150 MIPS.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Yung

You are correct. That's what i get for trusting the review from Home Theater Magazine. A review of the Pioneer website calls it a dual speed 48 bit Motorola processor. I guess that is why HT Mag, and me quoting them, made the mistake.

While researching this I did find the Service Manual of the 52TX/1014TXK. It is the same manual for both.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Click on my www link and read my review of the 54tx.....
Great receiver with lots of power if you don't need I link you may want to think of that one as well.
I would think the 1014 jump to the 54tx is a big one as the jump from the 54 to the 56 is mainly I-link.

chad

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I've never seen anybody post anything which quantified what you get with the dual Motorola DSP vs. the single one. Is there an audio difference? What kind of difference?

Personally, I was torn between the 1014TX and the 54TX, and went with the 1014TX for the cash savings. I couldn't find enough evidence to suggest that I would ever notice (or need, if it is noticeable) the improvement. The rest went into software.

I think the iLink stuff may be the best motivator to go with the 56TXi, if that's your thing. Certainly seems to make bass management much better.

Martin.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Martin,
I had the same dilemma choosing between the 1014TX and the 54TX and then the 52TX and the 1014TX. In the end, I decided to save some cash and get the 1014TX. The 56TXi was at least twice as expensive as the 1014TX, but if I had the funds I wouldn't hesitate to get the 56TXi.

If only we had the 2014i-S model here in North America as they have over in Europe and Japan then a lot of us would be even happier. The 2014i-S is essentially a 52TX with i-Link.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Don't hold me to it but, i believe the duel processors in the 56txi are for one dedicated to the advanced MCACC and the other for all the other processing ie: DD,DTS and such..

Jim Lyman

Agent
I think I'm going with the 1014 also. I was going to buy a used 56. I can't see worrying about I-link yet,maybe a few more years. Thanks for all the sugestions & comments guys!
Later, Jim

daveJOS

Auditioning
I'm thinking of buying the 1014 but have heard that they dont work with Dish networks DVR 522, ie. no sound comes out. Anyone know why this would happen?

thanks,

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks