What's new

Pinoeer VSX-84TXSi reviews? (1 Viewer)

Bradley_Z

Agent
Real Name
Bradley
I just went to sound advice and was shocked when I saw an A/V receiver with 4 HDMI inputs for $1500 that has upconversion and 7.1 channels. I almost bought the Denon 4306 but decided to wait cause I won't need it till September. The guy at the store said that the Pioneer VSX-84TXSi was better for a home theater, and the Denon 4306 was better for music. He also said the Pioneer has more features than the Denon.

This is the first I've heard of the Pioneer, and I can't seem to find any reviews. Considering the Pioneer is cheaper and has more features than the Denon, is there any reason I shouldn't get this one? Does anyone have any links to some reviews?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Bradley - that Pioneer Elite model came out in June, so there aren't many reviews on the net yet.. Personally I would wait for the Denon AVR-3807 or AVR-4307 to come out around September, as they may support the new DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD. :)

Bradley_Z

Agent
Real Name
Bradley

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. What exactly does DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD mean? Is it some new sound standard? Its very confusing to figure all this stuff out. Is there a website or anything that has info on upcoming receiver and other home theater products to be released? I know that Denon just released some low end models, but I wasn't aware of new models in the price range I'm looking at.

HankSter

Auditioning
Real Name
Hank Sterns

Did you see this on the web ..... about the DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD.

I thought I remember someone no plans for this in future releases, but I could be all confused. Been reading so many reviews my brain is on overload.

I was just getting ready to buy the Denon 2807, it got editiors choice award on CNET and I compared it to the predecessors of the models you mentioned. Dollor for dollar it looks like a better buy .....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks