What's new

Pink Floyd's 'Animals' SACD (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Thats cool news Irwin...I hope it comes to pass, as Animals is one of my fav Floyd LP's.

Then again, I would probably wet myself if The Wall were announced for a Hi Rez MC treatment.

BGL

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Oh man this would be awesome! But I've learned to remain skeptical of such hopes re: SACD release announcements.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
This is great news, though I'm surprised it's coming out before Wish You Were Here. Hopefully WYWH and Meddle aren't far behind.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... I wonder if it's the same 'reliable source' that told the world that The Wall would be out this September. I'll believe it when I see it.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Heh... reminds me of seeing Roger Waters in concert with a surround mix. My seats were pretty close to the rear speakers, and the barking during "Dogs" scared the crap out of me. LOUD!

Chris

JordanS

Second Unit
I'm raving and drooling about this release. Could you imagine the multi-tracked guitar solos on "Dogs" on SACD?

*twitches and salivates*

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think Mike may have it right - let's be cautiously optimistic. I love this album and this would be huge.

James Guthrie has hinted on several occasions that The Wall will come out in Super Audio also. :)

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
Do we know anything about DVD Audio versions of Pink Floyd? I was thinking of that EMI/DTS Entertainment co op...

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
That's great news. Wish You Were Here would be fantastic as well as Animals. I hope Music Tap got this right but Guthrie has dropped several hints about more Pink Floyd.

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator

Noted and expected........

Really that's too bad as the original conception of the band was to be an audio and visual experience.

That's something that DVD-A can come closer too than SACD..:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks