What's new

Pink Floyd "Pulse" (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Live At Pompeii- Bad news for all you people who want this bad on DVD. Unfortunatly, ex-member Roger Waters has claimed that the audio tapes have dissapeared. With that in mind, we may never get it on DVD. So keep those laserdiscs (or VHS or CED's)
Well, they can borrow my laserdisc if they want to copy the uncompressed 44.1 stereo PCM stereo track from it. It's real hard...you need a laserdisc player with a digital output, and a pro DAT deck. Probably more than they can handle. :rolleyes

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
This performance definitely deserves a DTS work-over
WHY??!! The LD's PCM is VASTLY better than a DTS track. And maybe we should have the drums in the rear channel??:angry:
I cannot understand why people always want to worsen the sound with stange and bad multi channels remixings.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
WHY??!! The LD's PCM is VASTLY better than a DTS track. And maybe we should have the drums in the rear channel??

I cannot understand why people always want to worsen the sound with stange and bad multi channels remixings.
Have you ever attended a Pink Floyd concert? The last Pink Floyd concert I attended had four channels of sound, not two.

Gregory E

Second Unit
I am a huge PF fan and can't wait until PULSE finally comes out on DVD. Even though it's release was cancelled a while back, David Gilmour has said that it will be released in the future. I think he said something about re-mastering it or something. But I think PULSE might be the best live recording ever...

Gordon Wakim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gordon
Mattias_ka,

Have you ever been to a Pink Floyd concert? Pink Floyd was one of the pioneers of multi-channel sound and they do use it in their live performances. I have been to 4 Pink Floyd performances (1987, 1988 and twice in 1994), there are speakers set up all around the stadiums. A two channel version of this is not going to sound like a Pink Floyd Performance. DTS would be great but I would settle for a good DD 5.1 Track.

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
I was at a party Saturday and the guy who owns the house has a Cinema room with a 100" screen and he played the Pulse VHS tape and it sounded pretty good (video was horrible though) Even though I am not a huge Pink Floyd fan, I would LOVE this DVD. Any new news?

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have both Pulse and Delicate on VHS and Delicate wins for me hands down! Yes I love the entire DSotM on Pulse but can not beat the guitar at the first of "Run like hell" on DSoT.

I'm in la-la land when that is playing. Need this in 5.1 big time!

Wes

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Has anyone purchased the vcd of this concert??
err, me. :b

I bought it quite a while ago, my guess is 96/97 or so, before I had even an LD player, never mind DVD. last time I watched it was on a PC with little PC speakers.

I guess I'll have to dig this up and try it on my proper HT rig now. not that I'm holding my breath, VCD video and audio is, well, you know...

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
Still no word, apparently .. I frequently check out pinkfloyd-co.com ... COME ON DAVE, FINISH THE MIX AND LETS GET ON WITH IT!!!!

<Matt>

Auditioning
Live At Pompeii- Bad news for all you people who want this bad on DVD. Unfortunatly, ex-member Roger Waters has claimed that the audio tapes have dissapeared. With that in mind, we may never get it on DVD. So keep those laserdiscs (or VHS or CED's)
I think it's been released on DVD, I saw it at Best Buy a few weeks ago. :emoji_thumbsup:
Matt
Edit - Whoops, can't post links yet. :angry:
triple-dubya - dvdplanet.com/product_listing.asp?productid=37846

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever happen to this being released on DVD? I dug out my old VHS copy the other day and the first thing that came to mind when shine on started was how sweet this would be in a 5.1 mix.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
My laserdisc now has rot on side 2 (all of Dark Side of The Moon). Bring on the DVD! ( I hope they retain the PCM track, and add a 5.1 track.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
AT LAST!!!!!!
This was posted over on www.brain-damage.co.uk
The long-awaited, and much delayed, 2DVD release of Pink Floyd's PULSE has finally been announced. To hit the stores on 5th December (with slight variation to this date depending on country), the discs have been filled with some interesting additional material.
DISC 1
Concert Part 1:
Shine On
Learning To Fly
High Hopes
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
Another Brick In The Wall (part 2)
One of These Days
Screen Films:
Shine On
High Hopes
Learning to Fly
Bootlegging the Bootleggers:
What Do You Want From Me
On The Turning Way
Poles Apart
Marooned
Shorts:
Time (Eames)
Money (Alien)
Speak To Me 1987
Pulse TV Advert
Videos:
Learning To Fly
Take It Back
DISC 2
Concert Part 2:
Speak To Me
Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell
Screen Films:
Speak To Me (graphic)
On The Run
Time 1994
The Great Gig in the Sky (wave)
Money
Us And Them 1987
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Alternate Screen Films:
The Great Gig In The Sky (animation)
Us And Them 1994
Behind the Scenes Footage:
Goodbye to Life As We Know It
Wish You Were Here:
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Photo Gallery

Pulse the video is not the same as Pulse the CD. The complete Dark Side of the Moon was performed at Earl's Court where Pulse was filmed (I don't know which dates were used). Those concerts dropped Astromony Domine and Hey You to fit the other songs. The final stand at Earl's Court was pretty much the only place that they played the complete DSOTM.

Pulse the CD was a compilation of song that were recorded from various venues through out the tour; so the others songs were probably not filmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks