What's new

Piglet's Big Movie DVD (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Probably the worst DVD Menus & Structure of all time. Because the DVD Menus have to read what they say off to you, and since Disney has promos coming out all over before you get there, you spend 15 minutes before you even get to a menu that you can use.. hit the "MENU" button, thinking you can bypass this early on just starts the movie rather then stopping the voice, very bothersome if you want to look at the Bonus Features (which basically there are none of any merit)

Good movie, kids liked it, the DVD is amongst the most bothersome in my set.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Probably the worst DVD Menus & Structure of all time. Because the DVD Menus have to read what they say off to you,
Chris,
you do know, your watching a movie that is geared towards toddlers right?(don't worry, I'm not insulting you, I like Winnie the Pooh also)
So, Disney is just trying to reach to their level.
I actually think its a neat little feature for kids.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I didn't experience any problems when I watched the movie. It proceeded at the normal pace - I didn't have to wait "15 minutes" to get things going. Not sure what I did right or you did wrong...

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
As with every other Disney DVD I've seen, every menu can be "skipped" by hitting the "next chapter" button. This will get you right past the talking bits. To get past the previews, wait until the first preview starts and then hit your "menu" button.

In other news, did anyone else notice that there's a release date on the back of the PIGLET'S BIG MOVIE case? Has Buena Vista finally seen the light with regards to this?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Check out the original Sixth Sense DVD release as well as some other Buena Vista titles from around that time (I think The Insider also falls into this catagory) - they have the trailers locked in so there's nothing you can do but watch them.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I remember back during the dot com boom (aka when DVDs were so cheap that I was on a first name basis with both the Fedex and UPS delivery guys:)) I wanted to see The Sixth Sense but I didn't order it because of the forced trailers.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Check out the original Sixth Sense DVD release as well as some other Buena Vista titles from around that time (I think The Insider also falls into this catagory) - they have the trailers locked in so there's nothing you can do but watch them.
Or skip them one at a time.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, their first DVDs with the opening trailers did this. However, Disney did learn from their mistake and they stopped it pretty quickly. I mean, those DVDs came out almost three and a half years ago, so maybe it's time for some people to stop referring to them as "forced" trailers...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks