What's new

Pictures of the SVS PB2-Plus (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE can we have some pictures of the SVS PB2-Plus? I am really considering getting this subwoofer. We all would be very grateful if one of you SVS folks could post some pictures of the subwoofer. :D

Chip E

Screenwriter
Tom said in an email to me last Thursday, it would be 5 to 7 business days before preorders start. Today is 5 days.. Maybe some pic's might just start showing up. :emoji_thumbsup:

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know the specs too.
About 120 pounds. Twin dB12 Plus drivers, downward firing. Three 4" flared vents. 850 watts continuous power from the Indigo BASH amp.

Stock tune with all ports open will be 25 Hz. Tune options will be 20 Hz and 16 Hz. To lower the tune to 20 Hz, simply plug a port and alter the SS filter/EQ switch to the 20 Hz setting. Ditto for the 16 hz tune, except it will require plugging two ports. Each SS filter/EQ switch setting is assigned a specific EQ curve, designed to work either with all three ports open, one port plugged, or two ports plugged, respectively.

I would imagine the most popular tune for the PB2+ will be the stock 25 Hz tune, or the 20 Hz tune with one port plugged. If you really want a 16 Hz tune all the time, you would have been better off with the 16-46 PC+ in the first place.

Regards,

Ed

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Super user Ed pretty much nailed the main parameters.

We're tweaking the final elements now with the enclosure maker (one of our few "foreign" suppliers... from Cincinnati ;^) for production samples, one of which will go into a photo shoot.

Making sure this sub met both performance, packaging and shipping goals has been a chore. Doing this at a cost customers will like (and doesn't put us out of business??)... well, it goes way beyond "chore" status.

We think the results will be worth the wait. If this was a car, it'd be the reincarnation of Tom's blown 454 Chevelle (that he used to mess with when he still had a life ;^). It'll take no prisoners in the under $2,000 price class of music and home theater subwoofers IMHO.

As always, we have to extend our apologies for taking so long on this new release. I think there is an unwritten rule in the OEM world that says every new model will take twice as long, and have twice as many challenges to overcome as you originally planned. You guys have been very patient. Prices, pics and pre-order info should be out in the next few weeks.

Ron

Erich S

Agent
A few weeks :frowning: Well, that will give me more time secure everything in the house to reduce the damage when using the PB2-Plus :) Will the PB2-Plus, tuned to 16Hz, really not be much more than a 16-46PC+? Will the PB2 come with two port blockers so I can try it?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Eric,

Actually we've just done some pics of the prototype that came out quite nicely. We've got some loose ends to tie up on the page I plan to post them to however. So, maybe Monday or Tuesdsay then for some exclusive "sneak peeks" of the PB2-Plus. For now, just imagine a PB1-ISD, on some sort of whacked-out growth hormones ;^)

And yes, we'll include two 4" port blockers. Tom is really the man to comment on the tuning points and SPL capabilities in various configurations.

Tom's been running a test mule of the PB2-Plus for some time now. He seems pretty pleased (and we're pretty hard to please as you know).

Ron

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Will the PB2-Plus, tuned to 16Hz, really not be much more than a 16-46PC+? Will the PB2 come with two port blockers so I can try it?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Frank,

That is certainly a possibility. However, there comes a time when you just have to say...we might have enough subwoofers. I think we'll have about 20 different model shipping by the end of the year.

I would like to see at least one other box (besides the B4+) offered as a passive unit too though.

TV

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
However, there comes a time when you just have to say...we might have enough subwoofers.
Tom, I think you're quickly approaching the point of saturation. You've already got so many subs that I can hardly tell what the differences are between various models. At some point your potential customers will have so many choices that many will suffer from "analysis paralysis" and will be incapable of making any decision. I imagine you'll begin to receive so many "what subwoofer should I buy" emails that you'll find it hard to keep up.

I guess there are worse problems for a business to have though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks