What's new

Pictures of a poor college student's HT (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
how do you like the Kenwood 504? I have been looking at the same reciever for college use (mainly because the DPLII will go soo good with my GameCube
biggrin.gif
)
------------------

bebop.jpg

Get Sea Lab 2021 on DVD!
My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba da ba Bebop Cola...yeah" -Sealab 2021

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The 504 is great. I helped my parents decide on buying the 503. I used that a lot and loved the setup and other feautres. I later went out and bought my first system, the 504.
The DPL II is simply amazing when compared to old DPL and makes you wonder how the good people over at Dolby Labs created it. The only gripe about the receiver is that they included all of those extra DSP modes {stadium, disco, etc...) that I find pretty much useless. The thing is that when I want to switch from DPL II Movie, DPL II Music or just stereo I have to scroll through the rest of that mess.
The center channel is now 3-way like the mains but the midrange is still lacking a lot. It will still blow you away when watching a nice DD/dts movie, great highs. The 8" sub had little impact at first, but now that it's broken in it shakes the basement around without bottoming out at all.
The Kenwood HTB-504 is definitely the best HT audio setup you can buy for the money. $385 at www.etronics.com

Bernard L

Stunt Coordinator
wow...
what are you talking about POOR?
you're loaded.
5 game consoles and tonnes of 'non pirated' games and movies :)
I'm the poor college student. I've been working for the last 6 months to pull off a great home theatre comprised of denon 3802/4802/5800 + 2x deftec 2000tl speakers.
cuz that's all I could afford... won't even have TV/vcd/dvd/surround speakers/centre/sub (well not yet anyway).
but anyhow, I'm just venting my jealousy... don't mind me :D
btw, your HT looks very nice!
and how come your wega has 16:9 auto switching while my dad's 27" wega doesn't have it? I have to switch it manually!
------------------
I love you!! YES YOU!!!

BrianMu

Stunt Coordinator
That looks like a pretty nice setup to me. It beats the heck out of the 13" TV I had in college! "Poor" must be a relative term......
Brian

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Bernard- actually the tv is manual squeeze, sorry. glad you guys like it. I guess saying poor is a little too much. The thing is I was shooting for a tosh 50h81, a yammmy receiver and energy speakers.
Kinda discouraged i couldn't get what i was after but i must admit it beats the heck out of my dad's system upstairs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread