What's new

Picture Alignment Problems (1 Viewer)

Josh Kretzchmar

Auditioning
I own a Pioneer SD-P55A5-K rear projection set. This is a 4:3 set and I purchased it new several years ago. I have probably had this problem for the entire time I have owned the set, but I have just now started noticing it. I never had the set professionally calibrated after I bought it and I did not use any of the do it yourself calibrations either with the exception of the THX optimiser that is on certain disks. My problem is that the picture seems out of alignment on my set. The bottom widescreen bar is larger(taller) than the bar at the top by a decent amount. You can easily see this during normal viewing. I do not know why I never noticed it before now. I am just wondering if there is a way of adjusting the alignment of the picture myself. I do not really want to hire someone to come out and do this because I have owned this set for a while and I would like to upgrade to a 16:9 set in the near future. I have looked through the TV setup menus and I could not find any way of adjusting the alignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Josh, it seems you have a problem with overscan. You'll need to find out how to get into the service menu and adjust you tv in the geometry/convergence section. I don't know how to get into the service menu since I dont have that tv. Research a little bit on the forums and you'll be able to find out what you'll need to do. Hope that helps.

Hugo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks