What's new

pics of my new flexy rack (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
so i made a flexy rack this weekend. i have pics of it in the links to follow. its not really a finished product, but i needed to get my receiver some breathing room, this was the main reason for building it. i have a pic of my old setup as well, i think you would agree with me that it was cluttered. about the computers holding up the tv, they are the only two objects of equal heights that i can find that could support any kind of weight. maybe if i get a better tv someday or a new pair of speakers, i may build another one, it was cheap enough. $18 for the 3/4" 4x8 mdf, $12 for the 4 threaded rods, about $8 for the nuts and washers. note in the new picture, i have my new laserdisc player in it, finally got a 704! hope you like.

edited link for pics

CJ

George W

Stunt Coordinator
The new rack looks good CJ. By the way, I really like your nintendo controller holder! classy yet utilitarian ;)

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Nice job CJ. Some high gloss black paint would really make it look nice.

A strategy guide to the Wind Waker? C'mon do it the hard way ;)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
A strategy guide to the Wind Waker? C'mon do it the hard way
actually if you want the truth...:) i got the strategy guide for free with a pre order, and i havent used it yet, my brother is using it now. about the paint, it will have to wait until i get some free time, to put this thing together took a couple hours alone, threading the nuts down the rod for the bottom shelves was quite a task! not really, but it took forever. about the pics acting up on tripod, i just have to edit the link, you cant directly link to pics, i should have thought of that. thanks for the replies guys.

CJ

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What are the dimensions of each shelf? I am still in the design stage of my rack.

A

Anthony_Gomez

I think I like your computer rack better :p)

Now that you got the rack done (which looks good btw), you now need to do something to get those speakers off of the floor!!! :D How about some flexy stands? :)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Now that you got the rack done (which looks good btw), you now need to do something to get those speakers off of the floor!!! How about some flexy stands?
how right you are! i actually made a couple speaker mountings for my wall with the leftover mdf from the shelves. pretty basic, but they do the job. i was thinking of eventually doing some sort of rack that would hold my equipment, tv, center channel, video games, and front speakers. that may be a long way off, but a couple diy spk stands sounds like my next project. i'll wait on building the speakers themselves though, i'm not quite there yet!

CJ

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
How strong are those computer cases? I don't know about you, but I certainly woldn't trust two computer cases to hold up my 27" Tube above a Gamecube and a PS2...I'd be paranoid everytime I watch a movie...hell, I'd have nightmares every night...

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
How strong are those computer cases? I don't know about you, but I certainly woldn't trust two computer cases to hold up my 27" Tube above a Gamecube and a PS2...I'd be paranoid everytime I watch a movie...hell, I'd have nightmares every night...
you would be surprised. i didnt want a mess on my hands, so we got 2 people (myself and a friend) to stand on teach of them, for kicks. one foot each of course. total weight is 370 lbs, supported us for 5 seconds or so, until we lost balance. my tv weighs maybe 80 lbs or so, i feel confident about using the cases temporarily. they are pretty sturdy too, i shook the tv all around, seemed to be just fine. but i will obviously not be using these for much longer, they are only until i get proper support and such.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks