What's new

Pics of finished EBS shiva (1 Viewer)

darren_s

Agent
This is my first DIY sub it was alot of work but I am very Impressed with this design I am still waiting on 4" flared port so I am running it sealed and it sounds great, I will take some more pics with amp and bottom, I thought I would post these because I could not find any pics of Shiva EBS when I was building this. Thanks to all who helped me out along the way. DIY SHIVA

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Darren,

It looks great! Actually, I find that it looks like an SVS PB1-ISD/PB2-ISD "clone" on the outside. Very nice work.

Nothing like the smell of MDF in the morning. :)

Enjoy !!

darren_s

Agent
Thanks, It did come out very nice, I used the bed liner spray linked in Wayne Ernst post, thanks to Kyle R @ Acoustic Visions

for the great driver and great service.

darren_s

Agent
This sub is Amazing I ran it for a few hours at normal volume last night then i got on it today and all the windows in my house where rattling, and I have the port sealed because I am waiting on ups for 4" flared port, I am guessing from what I have read that adding port it will play deeper and louder??

darren_s

Agent
Got my 4" port today, guess what My amp is in the way I have to move amp to the left 4 inches :angry: or I can fur amp out 1 inch what do you guys think my best bet is??

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
It would probably be easier if you made a 1" trim ring to mount the amp to in order to fur it away from the back of the enclosure.

darren_s

Agent
Thanks, yes that was easier I brought it out 1.5 intalled port with plenty of clearance, another problem is the 6.75 they tell you to cut for port hole is to big for the flange PE sells 6.25 would of worked better.

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
For the tempest plans it does call for a 6.25" hole for the 4" flared ports. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a typo, as there is one in the tempest plans where it says 3" flared ports in the description and 4" on the technical drawing for the SBB4 box - one of the reasons that I needed to modify my box volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks