What's new

Pick My Receiver! (1 Viewer)

Jeremy B.

Stunt Coordinator
I can't seem to figure out which receiver is best for my needs. I am running a 46" Mitsu and two Klipsch RF-15 front towers. I am now looking to pick up a receiver, as I am slowly piecing everything together. I plan on going with the smallest of the Klipsch Reference center, and the two-way Klipsch rears (smallest Reference series there as well). The sub will more than likely be a 10" HSU if I can find one at my CompUSA. I will need component video switching for my dvd input and cable input, and would also like to have it for the PS2, but that is not a must. 80/20 movies to music in a carpeted 18 x 16 room, with very open walls on two sides. I have it narrowed down to the following:

H/K AVR 130
Denon 1603
Denon 1604
H/K AVR 230 - If I can find a cheaper refurbed unit

Obviously price is the driving factor here, as I just don't have a lot of $$$ to drop on my setup right now. Hell, I might have to just go with the receiver and two towers for the next couple of months. before I can even buy my sub and center. Any input? Thanks in advance!!!

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
At this level, you really can't go wrong as the receivers at this price point are all pretty similar in power/performance. It really comes down to features, ergonomics, warranty, aesthetics. Hard for anyone else to choose in that case instead of you. It is daunting, though, with all the choices out there. I can tell you that I got several good years out of my Denon AVR-1600 (and it's still going strong at my brother-in-law's house), FWIW.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
you can pick your friends.

you can pick your receiver.

you can't pick your friend's receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks