What's new

Photos from the top of the World Trade Center (1 Viewer)

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I took these photos back in January when visiting the “Top of The World” observation deck.
I’m sure glad I took the opportunity to visit there while the buildings were still standing.
Be sure to click on them TWICE to open the full High Resolution file.
These were taken with my Kodak DC-290 Digital.
Enjoy: Link Removed
Shawn S

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I like the idea of a 120-140 story tower somewhere in lower Manhatten retaining the same name (World Trade Centre).
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man those buildings were HUGE!
Beutiful photos, but boy, I get dizzy just looking at em!
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for sharing the pictures, Shawn. I was on the observation deck of the World Trade Center in December 1999. The view was truly spectacular. I sincerely hope the World Trade Center is rebuilt.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

I was reading on CNN that the author of a book about the WTC is putting forth one very practical reason not to rebuild those towers or something very similar to them and that is, as we've seen, that their size prevented them from ever being evacuated in a reasonable amount of time.
If that consideration is taken seriously, it is hard to imagine that anything on that scale could possibly replace them. Even if we are not concerned about terrorism, a lot of things can endanger the occupants of any given large building and evacuation has to be a higher concern than it was in the seventies when the WTC was being planned. We've seen too much in the way of loss of life in natural and man-made disasters since that time to not take safety a lot more seriously.
Hey, if there's a way to do it safely, though, I'm all for it.
-Robert
[Edited last by Robert F. O'Connor on September 18, 2001 at 06:28 AM]

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Rebuilding has been the talk here for the last week. Mr. Silverstein who owns the lease on the Towers said he "will rebuild" ... but ... not replicas and probably not on the same site. He also voiced concern for tenants being reluctant to move in ...
Building replicas would be in bad taste, I believe. Also with the loss of so many lives there, building on top of that would be bad karma. A memorial would be more apropriate.
But I am all for rebuilding on a different site.
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
The Hole

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Colin,
Good one. I like it!
Robert,
I raised the question about the safety of a building like the World Trade Center last week when questions here first arose about rebuilding it. My concern is that they may build another, and pardon the term, "death trap" in the process. The ease of egress must be considered seriously in building a new World Trade Center.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks