What's new

Philips DSR6000 TiVo unit problems (1 Viewer)

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Philips DSR6000 TiVo DTV Receiver that I have had for a couple years. A few months ago I got a new 5 room DTV system and couldn't use the TiVo with the access cards I got, so I haven't used it in probably 5 months, but I never had problems with it. I had left it inside, stored on a shelf, it never got banged around, or got wet, or humid or anything like that. I finally got a new access card from DTV and hooked up this TiVo receiver on Thurday of this past week. It worked fine Thursday night, I really didn't watch anything, but it went through the startup, found signal and all that, and I had TV on it. Then Friday, I try to turn it on, and it won't turn on at all, I can hear it running if I put my ear up to it, but the green light doesn't come on on the front of the unit, and I get no sound or picture. I unplugged it for about 3 hours, plugged it back in and got the same thing. Sometime Friday night though, the green light turns on, and on the TV I get lines flashing across every once in a while, and sometimes I will get a yellow then green screen flash across real quick. Then I unplugged it Saturday, and just plugged it in today after almost 24 hrs, and it is stuck on the "Welcome. Powering up..." screen, and it still does the strange thing with the screen every couple minuted or less, lines across it, or the yellow and green screen flashing real quick.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get everything in that I could. Any ideas on what the problem is? Is the unit just shot? Could this be the Hard Drive in it? What about firmware upgrades? I am lost, so any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I hate replying to my own threads, but by getting no replies, I am thinking I just need a new receiver? Is that where I am at, or does anyone know anything at all about this, or where to go to get help? Thanks, and sorry for bringing this up again.

StephenHa

Second Unit
I have seen that with some entry level receivers when the access card shorted out, it usually killed the receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks