Philips 34PW9818, 34PW8520 Problems

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Luke*Ho, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Luke*Ho

Luke*Ho Extra

Has anyone heard of problems with these sets and the AV4 inputs not working? Someone mentioned earlier that there were problems with black screens on AV4 inputs and had a fix given them from the Philips tech dept. I lost the email. Sure enuff, my AV4 input no worky.

2. PhilD

PhilD Auditioning

You probably got it working by now (3 months later), but I will share my experience in case it benefits any others. Just received the 34PW8520. I had to use a different AV on the TV (AV2 I think) to even see the DVD picture. Then I made the switch in the back of my Philips DVD player and changed the Progressive setting to on in the on-screen DVD player's menu. Then I could unplug my component video cables from AV2 and go to AV4 and it worked.

3. Luke*Ho

Luke*Ho Extra

yes i got it working. nothing was wrong with it. user error!! beautiful picture!

4. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

I've had a 34PW8520 for about a week, and the problems I have are:

The audio out dosen't work like it should, seems to be stuck in "fixed" mode, it's feeding my McIntosh Mac-3, so I have to used the Mac-3 remote.

The AV1 inputs dosen't work for the compt. inputs. so I using AV4.

I'm having the set replaced today w/a new one in the box.
    The clowns I bought it from, tried to stick me w/ a floor model, and a very well used owners manual.

5. PhilD

PhilD Auditioning

I don't know about the audio out problem. I have no audio going in or out of my TV right now (all through my a/v receiver).

See our posts above about component video in. You must use AV4.

6. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Well, I noticed that there are no remote control codes in the manual for "McIntosh". They have every other trailer park brand, but no Mac.