PHE Press Release: Top Gun 25th Anniversary (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

THE MOVIE THAT HELPED DEFINE A GENERATION AND
    GAVE EVERYONE THE NEED FOR SPEED TURNS 25

[​IMG]

[FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Adrenaline-Fueled Action Drama Touches Down in a Blu-ray™/Digital Copy Combo
    May 10, 2011 Featuring a Six-Part Documentary, Multiple Featurettes,
    Interviews with Tom Cruise, Music Videos and More[/FONT]

HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. – Celebrating 25 years of the need for speed, the action-packed, sexy and breathtaking thrill-ride TOP GUN soars onto a
    Blu-ray/Digital Copy Combo on May 10, 2011 from Paramount Home Entertainment. The story of an elite group of pilots competing to be the best in their class and earn the title of “Top Gun” captured the imagination of a generation and earned a worldwide box office of over $350 million. Tom Cruise is superb as the cocky but talented pilot known as Maverick and Kelly McGillis sizzles as the civilian instructor who teaches Maverick a few things you can’t learn in a classroom. Featuring a sensational soundtrack with unforgettable songs from the 80s including Berlin’s “Take My Breath Away” and Kenny Loggins’ “Danger Zone”, the film also stars Val Kilmer,
    Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.

The TOP GUN Blu-ray/Digital Copy Combo includes a six-part documentary on the making of the film, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a survival training featurette, interviews with Tom Cruise, four music videos, commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Tony Scott, co-screenwriter Jack Epps, Jr. and naval experts, a look inside the real “Top Gun” and more.

TOP GUN Blu-ray/Digital Copy:

[FONT= 'Book Antiqua']The [/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']TOP GUN[/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua'] Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, English DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. [/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']The disc includes the following special features:[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, director Tony Scott, co-screenwriter Jack Epps, Jr. and naval experts[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Danger Zone: The Making of Top Gun (six-part documentary)[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Multi-Angle Storyboards with optional commentary by Tony Scott[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Best of the Best: Inside the Real Top Gun[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Music Videos:[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Courier New']o [/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Kenny Loggins—“Danger Zone”[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Courier New']o [/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Berlin—“Take My Breath Away”[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Courier New']o [/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Loverboy—“Heaven In Your Eyes”[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Courier New']o [/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens—“Top Gun Anthem”[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']TV Spots[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Behind-the-Scenes Featurette[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Survival Training Featurette[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Tom Cruise Interviews[/FONT]

· [FONT= 'Book Antiqua']Digital Copy[/FONT][FONT= 'Book Antiqua']—Offered in Windows Media for PC and iTunes for Mac & PC[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Book Antiqua'] [/FONT]

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

TOP GUN Blu-ray/Digital Copy

Street date: May 10, 2011

Pricing: $19.99 U.S.

Runtime: 109 minutes

U.S. Rating: PG

Canadian Rating: PG

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Beverly Hills Cop is also due to be announced

any day now.

3. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Sounds identical to the current Blu-ray, only with a digital copy tossed in.

4. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Cool packaging though....I'll probably get it. Guilty pleasure thing.

5. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen

Don't have it on Blu yet, so I will watch the one that is out now and see if I can get it cheap. That is if the extras are the same.

6. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    It looks like the extras are the same. Everything listed in Ron's post (except the Digital Copy) is on the back cover of the current Blu-ray. The DTS-MA track is also 6.1

7. Raul Marquez

Raul Marquez Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Raul H. Marquez, MD
    I wonder if this transfer is the same as the HD DVD one which some of us still have......

Raul

8. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    This is mine, since my old copy got jacked last year. I will have to apologize profusely to the people living below and to the side who may get blasted out of their chairs.

9. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I think I'll pick up the existing disc while I can still get it without a useless digital copy.

10. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I thought the HD DVD has a Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack rather than a lossless one, but I could be wrong about that. I have it only on HD DVD but will have to check the specs when I go back downstairs.