PHE Announcement: How To Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    ONE OF THE BEST REVIEWED MOVIES OF THE YEAR DEBUTS ON DVD AND BLU-RAY [​IMG] $479 Million Worldwide Smash Hit Takes Flight Friday, October 15, 2010 [​IMG] HOLLYWOOD, CALIF.– (July 27, 2010) DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: DWA) “thrilling action-adventure” (USA Today) HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON soars onto DVD and Blu-ray FRIDAY, October 15, 2010 with even more fun, excitement and, of course, more Dragons! A winner with audiences and critics alike, DreamWorks Animation’s HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON rolls fire-breathing action, epic adventure and laughs into a captivating and original story, which has grossed approximately $480 million at the worldwide box office to date. Hiccup is a young Viking who defies tradition when he befriends one of his deadliest foes — a ferocious dragon he calls Toothless. Together, the unlikely heroes must fight against all odds to save both their worlds in this “wonderful good-time hit!” (Today). HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGONwill be available in a Dragon Double DVD Pack for a limited time only and a Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack. Each of these premium packages includes the all-new LEGEND OF THE BONEKNAPPER DRAGON, which features the original voice cast and introduces a brand new, never-before-seen adventure. The Dragon Double DVD Pack and Blu-ray/DVD Combo also boast a wealth of Viking-sized extras. The Blu-ray includes the Animator’s Corner featuring Picture-in-Picture storyboards, behind-the-scenes footage and insightful interviews; a chance to uncover more dragon fun facts through pop-up trivia, build 3D Dragons, a race for the gold in the Viking Winter games, deleted scenes, a tutorial on drawing Toothless, a Viking personality test and much more fiery fun. The DVD includes filmmakers’ commentary and featurettes on the Viking-sized cast and the technical artistry behind the dragons. Offering tremendous value and hours of entertainment for the whole family, the Dragon Double DVD Pack and Blu-ray/DVD Combo will be available as low as $19.99 and $24.99 respectively.

2. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

$24.99 SRP???

If so, great!

Also, can't believe they are waiting until October to release this. Waaaay to much time between theatrical release and home video.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

They probably held on to it this long in hopes of having it be a gift for the holidays.

4. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

Exactly.

Not so fast! It will be selling for "as low as" $24.99. MSRP is still $39.99, and Amazon has it currently for $27.99 which I would expect to drop. This is the first time I think I have seen a press release worded this way. I enjoyed it (along with my daughter) so much that I am going to pre-order it off of Ron's post, and hope that it drops a bit. Either way I want it on street date!

5. Southpaw

Yeah, I'm getting it on release date as well. I guess I assumed that any price that is mentioned in a press release is SRP. Like you stated, I've never seen them mention a street price before. Unless I've just missed it in the past.

6. Southpaw

I guess so although I've never understood how or why someone thinks an October release would make a good Christmas gift. December yes. But not October.

7. Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr Second Unit

What, no 3D?

8. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Ideally this will come out whenever Target starts offering tons of coupons for BDs again. :)

To be honest, I am very much looking forward to revisiting this film in 2D. 3D was OK but a little dark and I don't focus well on fast action in 3D.

I was wondering what Mike Knapp was up to these days. . .