What's new

Petition for Harry O to be Released on DVD (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I hate to wait several weeks until we´re Europaens are able to order the first Season of "Harry O".
Hope we can ordered it as well very soon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This is just a rough guess, but based on the 30-60 day window from the date a Warner Archive film or TV show title is available to buy on their website, to when it's available from Amazon.com and other DVD shopping websites, I think Harry O: The Complete First Season will be available to buy from around mid-August (but that's just a guess).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
WaveCrest said:
This is just a rough guess, but based on the 30-60 day window from the date a Warner Archive film or TV show title is available to buy on their website, to when it's available from Amazon.com and other DVD shopping websites, I think Harry O: The Complete First Season will be available to buy from around mid-August (but that's just a guess).
In case of Canada the release work within 60 days. However, there are some releases that do not make it to Canada. I may end up buying Harry O and Shazam from Amazon.com as their prices tend to be cheaper even with shipping.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
younger1968 said:
In case of Canada the release work within 60 days. However, there are some releases that do not make it to Canada. I may end up buying Harry O and Shazam from Amazon.com as their prices tend to be cheaper even with shipping.
Yeah, Amazon.com now has Alice season 1, so i can finally order it!

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
I received my review copy of this today.. I've only checked a few episodes, and they mostly look fine... although it doesn't really look like the episodes have been remastered as there is some noticeable grain and debris in the episodes (the pilot movie actually looks pretty good though). I have a feeling that they used some prints used from syndication runs (though unedited ones, they all still run around 50 minutes long) in the 90s for these episodes... many of them have the 90s Warner logo plastered over the original 70s logo.
Oh, and I can confirm that the set is, in fact, on pressed DVDs, not DVD-R.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
I wonder which version of the pilot movie - Such Dust As Dreams Are Made On - they used for the DVD. It was originally filmed as a 90-minute movie (70+ minutes without commercials). Then ABC decided they only wanted a 60-minute movie (50+ minutes without commercials). The scenes that were cut from the longer unaired version were later used in the episode Elegy For A Cop. Channels like TBS and GoodLife have shown the longer version, but the original ABC airing was the shorter version.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
From their Comic Con announcement besides Shazam we should be seeing The Leiutenant soon and from Facebook replys I received recently Cheyenne Season 4 will be out before the end of the year and The Gallant Men was almost finished so we should be getting some b & w soon. But their plates are full with news shows and continuing the current releases as followups to Medical Story and Courtship of Eddies Father are also suppossed to be coming soon and the Hanna Barbera fans (me included) are also a demanding group, so delays on some titles would not surprise me.
Medical Story or Medical Center? I wish it was Medical Story as that's a much better show but that's owned by Sony, not WB.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just got my Harry-O season 1 set. The discs are pressed.
Not crazy about the pilot being the last thing on the last disc. But the quality of the first episode looks good.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I got my Set of Harry O from Warner as well, and I've been loving it. I barely saw the show when it was on (I was a wee lad back then), so it's great to discover it now. David Janssen plays a different character than Richard Kimble, but he is great in the role.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Watched the first episode ("Gertrude"), which was excellent. Really good writing, and a nice sense of place. Janssen's great. The print quality was pretty so-so, but I'm willing to sacrifice some quality for the opportunity to actually get to purchase this (especially on pressed discs--they even have custom labels with a pic of Harry O). Highly recommended!

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
As a Canadian, purchase options are varied but not available from WA... Anyone have any anecdotal evidence on buying from one of the later release companies and pressed discs? Is WA the only place to get pressed, or has anyone received a WA disc thru amazon or elsewhere that was of pressed variety?
I'm confused as to why WA isn't alerting collectors/fans about this new policy/option, altho still mystified as to why non-Americans are left on the outside looking in.
Shoeshine "formerly a big opponent of the archives, now straddling the fence" Boy

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
As of the time of writing, Amazon.com have got one of their non pre-order listings up for Harry O: The Complete First Season, with an August 9th release date.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy from WBShop Saturday, along with one of the Forbidden Hollywood sets. Both were pressed. In the case of the FH set, it really didn't make a difference to me one way or the other as I've never had an issue playing any of the typical burned discs on my downstairs system (stand alone player connected to a projector). And if I ever did, I'm confident now that Warner would step up and take care of it (as they did with the Daktari set that had trouble with many months after the purchase).
But in the case of Harry O, I am VERY happy to get these pressed as it means that I can watch all the discs on my my computer drive and monitor upstairs- where all the rest of my TV on DVD sets reside. While I would have grudgingly watched these on the pj in the HT if I had to, I'm very relieved now that I don't have to strike the pj bulb every time I want to only watch an ep or two- or take time away from watching actual movies while the pj is running to watch TV content that I could otherwise schedule at some other point in the day.
Thank you very much Warner for pressing these! Now if I could only convince them to do the same for Tarzan, as I would love to own that show as well, but have avoided it so far for the reasons above. As long as initial TV set runs are pressed in the future, I'll be ordering first day from now on.
Oh- and the reason I bundled the other set into the order (along with another Sony disc) was to make use of the $10 off (over $100) coupon. It actually only comes out to $7.50 since they add $2.50 shipping, but it's still better than nothing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by disctrip /t/299715/petition-for-harry-o-to-be-released-on-dvd/120#post_3953614
Actually, it runs 75 min.

The first pilot TV movie "Such Dust As Dreams Are Made On"? Wasn't sure who you were replying to in this thread.

What is the general picture/print quality like for the episodes in the first season DVD set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks