What's new

Pete Postlethwaite has passed away! (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I have just heard Pete Poselthwaite has died.

One of my favourite actors - will always remember him for The Usual Suspects the most as this was one of my favourite films, though he has been in far more than that.

RIP Pete.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
If I can't find it at Wiki, The Sunday Times, Google, or IMDB, it didn't happen.

[edit] As I woke up Monday morning.

But, it did, sadly

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/03/obit.pete.postlethwaite/index.html?hpt=T2

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I heard that there has been a rash of false internet reports regarding the deaths of certain celebrities. I think Charlie Sheen was one of them. Perhaps this is another.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Same thing with R. Lee Ermey a while back. The Twitterverse also took delight in saying a political figure had died about a year ago, when he hadn't. Really a sick aspect of that particular social network.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Oh, man, this hit me for a loop when I saw the title! Jesus, Pete Poselthwaite?! WHAT?! So, you can imagine my now relief at the rest of the posts in this thread. First, I'm hearing about this "game" of false broadcasting of celebrity deaths. It's a fucked up world, folks.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. Assuming his reported death is false, I really can't see what someone gets out of releasing a false death notice for a celebrity or, for that matter, any other person. BTW, I'm not referring to the OP with my comments. I'm talking about the person who originated the report. I just wanted to make that clear.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

...I really can't see what someone gets out of releasing a false death notice for a celebrity or, for that matter, any other person.

I chalk it up to a small number of guys who are such complete losers that they want to trick people so they can create a (false) feeling of superiority and get some small bit of attention that they don't get in real life.

And like Edwin, I'm only talking people who originate death rumors and definitely not the OP.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
There's still nothing. I'm changing the thread title until and unless there's a confirmed report.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Oh, sonuvabitch! This was for real! Had no idea he had cancer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Simon Massey

I certainly wouldnt report something like this to get attention. I heard it last night from someone who is close to the family.

My apologies if I wasnt clear.

Just to add to those who have already said it, but be sure that nobody here thought you were trying to put us on. We knew you had heard and were passing on the info and hoped the original source was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks