What's new

Personalized License Plates...The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
The first thing that I though of if I was going to get a personalized plate would be:

CRM-114
HAL9000
2001ASO
GATTACA
FIGTCLUB
PROGMYHM
LOOKCLSR

If I had a junker it would be:

AE35UNIT

I never saw a plate like this but someone could use it. My "pet name" for an ex in email used to be QT314XX. Once she figured out meant it meant she started signing all her email to me like that.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Well, to chime in with my own former personalized plate, I used to have:

TRMN8R

I would like to get that one again...can't recall why I dropped it.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
BSD? I saw that and thought "Bondage and Sadomasochistic Domination" so you may want to reconsider that one, Leila. ;)

I've been toying with a license to go with our website, The Unheard Beethoven. What do you think works best:

UNH B8VN

or

NRD B8VN

or do you have some other suggestions? Max 7 letters/numbers here, with a single space not counting against the 7.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Brett,

LOL I like that'n :)

Ohh yeah Leila.. Geek Chicks are hot :)

(Not saying you ARE a geek but you know what I mean!)

Hmm wonder how many geeks across the nation have...

REDHAT

UNIX

VAX

SPARKOS

Etc Etc.. :)

Come to think of it.. I should get MVSOPER on my
plate since that's what I do.. Mainframe :)

Nobody would bet it!

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

You're right! I never looked at it that way, but wowsers, that's not the message I'd be trying to get across ;)

Brett, thanks! Hehe, my husband thinks so too. Go ahead and call me a geek, I fully admit I am one. In fact, I'm damn proud of it. :D In fact it's pretty funny because I don't look like a geek at all and occasionally some guy will open his big mouth trying to impress me. I just laugh and correct him, using the most tech jargon I can come up with ;)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Leila,

If geek brings in the $$$ then geek I am! Right? :D

I know what you mean though.. I don't look like a geek
either, well, erm...Nevermind!

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Saw two neat plates recently:

On a Saturn Vue I saw: GR8VUE

On a Mustang GT I saw: GDDYUP (the best I'd seen in a while:emoji_thumbsup: )

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
If I ever buy a Ferrari (or some other fast car) my plate will be.....

Blurrrrr

Guaranteed to land me in traffic court :D :D :D

Jim Williams

Second Unit
As I was cruising along one day I saw a bright red sports car with a man with snow white hair and a large snow white beard. As he passed me I saw his plate:

St Nick

It put a smile on my face all the way home.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
About 10 years ago when I was into movies more than any healthy person should be :) ... I had the plate MOVEEE ... which was Tim Robbins' or some other character ( I don't remember ) cars license plate from "The Player"

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I had a bud in school who's mother worked for the DMV. She was able to grab the pplates that were offensive but made it to production, but never got mailed. He must have had 50 in his room.

"Phukoff"
"3MTA3"
etc.

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
My former personalized plate: MWMMWMW

Don't try to pronounce it, it's just a mobile vision test. I ditched it when I started to worry about being rear-ended by people tailgating me while trying to figure it out. I wouldn't have minded if I knew they had good reflexes and better brakes than me, but no way were those Impala wagons and Ford LTDs gonna stop quicker than my Z.

My current plate: THX1138

It's also my username on all the car-related forums I'm on; made it easy for the rest of the crew to pick me out while caravaning to the 240SX National Convention last year, and it got a few nods of kinship from other folks in line for The Phantom Menace.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
Mine is:

HRT O GLD

I'm a bit of a Neil Young fan :)

The best one I ever heard of was:

(69 in binary)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Well, my wife's Jeep has RTAVILLE. She is a huge Jimmy Buffett fan. I'm a big loser and currently have YELOMINI. I just thought a Liquid Yellow MINI Cooper with a checkerboard roof had to have a personallized plate and all the ones I wanted were taken - BUSYBEE (Best in Show homage), MELOYELO and HIGHLITR - so I just did YELOMINI on the spur of the moment in line. IT would be so much easier if NC had a way to do it via the web like some other states do instead of actually having to call or stand in line. I might change to MINI-LEE, sort of a homage to Austin Powers or something. Unless someone can think of a better one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks