What's new

Personal Top 100 Foreign Language Film Lists (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Gary, I guess you had to reconstruct the thread for some reason.
Well, if Leone counts then at this point I would put GBU at the top of my list, quite sincerely. I suppose I view it as something well beyond a simple western. I am captivated by every frame of that film and dumbfounded that someone could create something so amazing and unique. As a character piece it goes way beyond anything a western every tried to do.
I've seen Ikiru, Rashomon, and High and Low since my last post here and they all go high up the list.
Let me kick around some stuff by putting it down. Looking at a basic list of contenders will help me shape it.
Good,Bad, Ugly
Zentropa
Run Lola Run
Seven Samurai
Ikiru
M
High and Low
Yi Yi
Amelie
Seventh Seal
Ghost in the Shell
CTHD
Wings of Desire
(with my limited viewing, every Kurosawa I've seen would make the list - Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Hidden Fortress, Rashomon, Ran, Dreams)
(some others I can think of)
Fistful of Dollars
Das Boot
No Man's Land
Samurai I (the other 2 are rather repetitive of the first)
In the Mood for Love (I find it a tad dull due to pacing)
Amores Perros (again, a little slow in the middle for me)
I don't think Monsoon Wedding would make my list normally, nice but not great.
But I desperately need to fill out some viewings of the classic directors. Lots of good stuff I've missed or only seen part of (like Bicycle Thief, Cleo, Alphaville, Red White Blue). Potemkin tops my list of "to see" foreign films. But first I need to finish my AFI revote viewings. ;)
Still, I enjoy the lists because they are good starter points.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I forgot the Bresson I have seen (not Pickpocket) - A Man Escaped. Very good film. Has me jazzed to see Pickpocket.

And I would also kick out Death By Hanging. Very interesting and powerful film.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to go on record I appreciate this list as well - I have just started dabbling in foreign films about 6 months ago, and I probably haven't seen 50 foreign films yet, but I am having a blast watching people's recommendations. Right now I am focusing on the "classic" foreign films - Renoir, Truffaut, Fellini, Kurosawa, Powell & Pressberger, and right now I am on a huge Ingmar Bergman kick.

One director I haven't seen anything from yet is Theodor Dreyer - could somebody recommend something from him to start with??Regards, Jim

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Interesting picks Seth... and yes I reconstructed the thread after the big move months back. I would consider GBU foreign language as it states in Imdb. I am leaning toward an English Language Top 100 now... with such films as Walkabout, The Ice Storm, The Straight Story, 2001 and Vertigo... a real mix.
Hey Jim,
I am kind of a hit/miss with Carl Dreyer.
My first was The Passion of Jeanne D'arc and I watched it three times consecutively ... and then one more time with a friend later that first day I received it. Many of my ListServ rank it one of the greatest films of all time... well certainly it is easily considered the greatest DVD. The Richard Einhorn's Voices of Light soundtrack is so wonderful and fitting to the film. It is cinema history combined with French/British 1420's history all wrapped up with modern classical score... it is flawless.
I believe I saw Vampyr next. It had its own charm and errie-ness, but the print I have is pretty awful and it lacked something for me.
Next was then films of the Dreyer Criterion box-set:
Day or Wrath - powerful and subtle simultaneously. I saw some changed development here in Dreyer, quite different from styling of the first two I saw. Deliberate framing and many symbols hidden in the subtext. The messages of ideological persucution are prevalent and extremely well done. This is a film you can revisit often.
Ordet - Another film you can watch multiple times... at least once a year. Faith. Personal conviction. Death. Communication are all explored to varying degrees. perhaps the quientessential film on religious conviction. Again I saw a change in styles. Long slow horizontal pans reminding me of Resnais. This is worth the price of the box set alone.
Gertrud - tough call... it didn't hit me with much except the impression that Dreyer had again switched his technique.
My Meiter I would obviously see this last. A fine thorough documentary that you will enjoy after watching the first three in the box set.
I am far from an expert in Dryer, but I would suggest that, like myself, you would certainly enjoy seeing what you can in chronological oder Jim... enjoy !

Darren H

Second Unit
I'll second Gary's recommendation, Jim. You can't go wrong by watching Dreyer's films chronologically. My opinions of the films mirror Gary's pretty closely. Given your recent attraction to Bergman, I think you'll be very moved by Dreyer, whose films are likewise understated and profoundly religious (in the best, non-dogmatic sense of the word). I wish I could watch Passion and Ordet again for the first time.

I guess it's about time for me to begin assembling my list. Quite a task. I would have no problem now listing 100 favorite films, but ordering those top 20 might make my head explode.

Pascal A

Second Unit
I do want to preface that I'm currently in the process of writing a biography and critical essay on the life and films of Carl Theodor Dreyer, so I tend to have a more patternistic approach to analyzing his films. I suggest that you approach Dreyer's films chronologically. Some thoughts to keep in mind:
1. Dreyer may have never made the same film twice, but his films always reflect the same concerns: social rigidity; transcendence from repression; finding balance between the spiritual and the corporal.
2. Subjects explored in his films are often "reworked" approaches of previous work. So for instance, The Passion of Joan of Arc is to spiritual faith (as is Johannes' character in Ordet) as Gertrud is to emotional ideal; both reflect the tragic consequences and "unpracticality" of the heroine's intransigence and inability to compromise. Similarly, Vampyr and Day of Wrath both explore and attempt to define the real reality when one chooses to exist both in a physical and imaginary world.
Some other films not mentioned:
Master of the House - Funny, lighthearted early Dreyer silent film on a financially frustrated, tyrannical husband who is forced to manage the household after his wife is sent away to recuperate. Like all his later films, Dreyer clearly sympathizes with the long-suffering wife.
Leaves from Satan's Book - Structured in four parts and inspired by D.W. Griffith's Intolerance, shows temptation and the influence of evil from four eras: Jesus and the Last Supper, Spanish Inquisition, French Revolution, and Russo-Finnish War. The final segment is the one shown in the My Metier documentary.
One last note: The terse Dreyer statement that was read in My Metier regarding his parentage and upbringing is highly subjective and a bit of a simplification on Dreyer's part. Much of his dismissal of his adoptive parents stems more from their emotional distance towards him than conscious cruelty. It is also evident that his character association with the "long suffering wife" resulted from an unrealistic idealization of his birth mother.
And that concludes our Dreyer lesson for the day. :)
By the way Gary, there's no need to keep reposting your Top 100 list, just edit your earlier post and mention the changes.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Gary, Darren, and Pascal for the suggestions, I think I will give The Passion of Joan of Arc a try first. I think I could get into Dreyer, based on your suggestions. Regards, Jim

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have been watching quite a few films lately and feel confident enough where I could post a Top 10 list - still nowhere near ready to post a Top 100 list :) - here goes -
1. Wild Strawberries * Bergman
2. The Passion of Joan of Arc * Dreyer
3. Rashomon * Kurosawa
4. The Grand Illusion * Renoir
5. 8 1/2 * Fellini
6. Children of Paradise * Carne
7. Persona * Bergman
8. Umberto D * De Sica
9. High and Low * Kurosawa
10. Nights of Cabiria * Fellini
Next up are more Italian films from TCM this month, I asked for the Dreyer box set for Father's Day, we'll see if it fell on deaf ears:rolleyes. I would also like to explore some Von Trier, Godard, Bunuel, and Tarkovsky yet as well.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Pretty strong selections Jim !!

It helps that 9 of the 10 are on Criterion DVDs (and Umberto coming next year !).

Ooops I meant 8/10 ( Persona is not out yet (in R1) either...

I'm working on a Top 100 Personal English Language films list and its taking me so long...arghhh.

But you certainly have a great start Jim.. Glad to see you are enjoying them !!

Cheers,

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Top 100 english speaking films?? That I could do!! :)
It would include lots of Hitchcock, Kubrick, Scorsese, Coppola, and David Lean films!

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
I want to thank the members of this thread who gave me the Dreyer recommendations. Even though I did it ass backward it was still a rewarding experience, and I am kind of glad I did it the way I did. I started with the Dreyer box set, worked my way through that (Ordet being my favorite film from the set) and then watched The Passion of Joan of Arc, silent, with the Voices of Light score, and I am halfway through the commentary right now - this film has left me in awe, and it has definitely become one of my new favorites - in fact I am going to re-work my top 10 soon.
I was wondering if someone has a link or maybe can recommend a book specifically dealing with Passion. I am very intrigued not just by the film itself but about the circumstances surrounding it! Thanks Again - Regards, Jim.

Pascal A

Second Unit
Jim, I haven't read any The Passion of Joan of Arc-specific books, but I have read about five or six books on or about the films of Carl Theodor Dreyer. My recommendation for the best book for anecdotal information on Dreyer's career and personal life is Jean and Dale Drum's My Only Great Passion: The Life and Films of Carl Theodor Dreyer. I read it as part of Darren's HTF Film-Related Reading Challenge last year and wrote a brief summary on my journal.
I really wouldn't recommend delving into the David Bordwell book (The Films of Carl Theodor Dreyer) without seeing more of his early silents (which were more historical dramas or social satires).
You may also be interested in Ray Carney's Speaking the Language of Desire, which addresses the common themes of Dreyer's four great films: The Passion of Joan of Arc, Day of Wrath, Ordet, and Gertrud, with some inferences from his other films. I re-read it this year as part of the Dreyer article that I was writing for Senses of Cinema. That summary appears on the 2002 Journal section.
By the way, the new issue of Senses of Cinema will be in mid-July, and my Dreyer article will be appearing in the Great Directors section of the journal.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Pascal, thanks for the help, and I regulary visit your web page - very good work, I have Senses of Cinema, Strictly Film School, and DVD Beaver as part of my rounds every day!:).
I love the Top 10 lists at your site, and I have read a handful of film reviews there - my favorite being the one for The Thin Red Line probably one of my favorite films in recent memory - Bill Schaffer who wrote the review puts into words what I cannot! Anyways I will head down to Barnes and Noble and order the book written by Jean and Dale Drum - sounds like a good place to start.

Pascal A

Second Unit
I'd love to take the credit ;), but Senses of Cinema evolved out of Bill Mousoulis and Fiona Vilella's time and dedication. I just happened to have fallen in as a contributor early enough in its history to have become a semi-permanent fixture. :D By the way, I enjoy the site's Top Ten lists as well. I don't always agree with the selections, but it's always interesting reading and provides a pretty good insight to the personalities behind the lists.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Been a while... I have updated my list HERE... additions include: Kiarostami'sThe Wind Will Carry Us, Zhang's To Live, Kirsoatmi's Close-Up cracking the Top 10 and these others added as well:
The Story of Qui Ju
Raise the Red Lantern
Time Out
What Time is it There?
When a Woman Ascends the Stairs
Code Unknown
and I have raised up on the list these: Stalker, Children of Heaven, Blue
For individual comments please go HERE
Jim, I'm still waiting for your Top 100 English language list... Mine in a constant state of flux, is HERE
Cheers,

steven harrison

Auditioning
how about a top twenty?
1. the passion of joan of arc (dreyer)
2. in the mood for love (kar-wai)
3. 8 1/2, ozzo e metto (fellini)
4. andrei rublev (tarkovsky)
5. the vertical ray of the sun (tran)
6. flowers of shanghaii (hsiao hsien)
7. jules et jim (truffaut)
8. M (lang)
9. the discreet charm of the bourgeosie (bunuel)
10. spirited away (miyazaki)
11. contempt (godard)
12. amarcord (fellini)
13. the sacrifice (tarkovsky)
14. l'avventura (antonioni)
15. kwaidan (kobayashi)
16. after life (koreeda)
17. happy together (kar-wai)
18. cries and whispers (bergman)
19. aguirre, the wrath of god (herzog)
20. grave of the fireflies (miyazaki)
i post this as a 22 year old who, up until discovering DVDbeaver thought he'd seen quite a few movies... i have seen NOTHING. every time i go to www.dvdbeaver.com (or it's related sites) i find two... three... four hundred more movies that i need to see.
*gasp*
i've always thought that good art can make someone invincible... maybe that's a good thing, and maybe it's not... what i really know is that i'm absolutely in love with film... so here's to good movie watching, and thanks to all who are participating in this poll...
my notebook of suggestions is nearly full.
steven

john davies

Stunt Coordinator
My 100 World cinema not in English:

1.Sansho the Bailiff (Mizoguchi)

2.Story of the Late Chrysanthemums (Mizoguchi)

3.Andrei Rublev (Tarkovsky)

4.Maborosi (Kore-eda)

5.Alice in the Cities (Wenders)

6.The Green Ray (Rohmer)

7.Abraham Valley (Oliveira)

8.Seven Samurai (Kurosawa)

9.Mirror (Tarkovsky)

10.La Regle du Jeu (Renoir)

11.Tokyo Story (Ozu)

12.Tales of the Taira Clan (Mizoguchi)

13.The Colour of Pomegranates (Paradjanov)

14.The Life of Oharu (Mizoguchi)

15.Pather Panchali (Ray)

16.Metropolis (Lang)

17.Celine and Julie go Boating (Rivette)

18.Eternity and a Day (Angelopoulos)

19.Partie de Campagne (Renoir)

20.L'Atalante (Vigo)

21.Ugetsu Monogatari (Mizoguchi)

22.Spirit of the Beehie (Erice)

23.Pakeezah (Amrohi)

24.Kings of the Road (Wenders)

25.Aguirre Wrath of God (Herzog)

26.Pierrot le Fou (Godard)

27.Persona (Bergman)

28.Orphee (Cocteau)

29.Alexander Nevsky (Eisenstein)

30.Claire's Knee (Rohmer)

31.Man with a Movie Camera (Vertov)

32.Ordet (Dreyer)

33.The Double Life of Veronique (Kieslowski)

34.Stalker (Tarkovsky)

35.Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Ang Lee)

36.The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dreyer)

37.Rosetta (Dardenne bros)

38.My Girlfriend's Boyfriend (Rohmer)

39.Hidden Fortress (Kurosawa)

40.Les Enfants du Paradis (Carne)

41.Madame De (Ophuls)

42.Ulysses' Gaze (Angelopoulos)

43.Battleship Potemkin (Eisenstein)

44.8 1/2 (Fellini)

45.Hiroshima mon Amour (Resnais)

46.Senso (Visconti)

47.The Gospel according to St Matthew (Pasolini)

48.Chungking Express (Wong Kar-Wai)

49.L'Avventura (Antonioni)

50.Red Sorghum (Zhang Yimou)

51.At the Height of Summer (Tran Anh Hung)

52.Close Up (Kiarostami)

53.Chikamatsu Monogatari (Mizoguchi)

54.La Grande Illusion (Renoir)

55.Madchen in Uniform (Sagan)

56.Ai no Corrida (Oshima)

57.The Chess Payer (Bernard)

58.Raise the Red Lantern (Zhang Yimou)

59.Kwaidan (Kobayashi)

60.Nosferatu (Murnau)

61.The White Balloon (Panahi)

62.Boudu Sauve des Eaux (Renoir)

63.Charulata (Ray)

64.The Leopard (Visconti)

65.The Time to Live and the Time to Die (Hou Hsiao-Hsien)

66.Lola Montes (Ophuls)

67.Short Film about Love (Kieslowski)

68.Night of the Shooting Stars (Taviani bros)

69.My Night with Maud (Rohmer)

70.Mouchette (Bresson)

71.Day of Wrath (Dreyer)

72.The Battle of Algiers (Pontecorvo)

73.The Human Condition (Kobayashi)

74.Marius Trilogy (Pagnol)

75.Ivan the Terrible 1&2 (Eisenstein)

76.People on Sunday (Siodmak, Ulmer)

77.In the Mood for Love (Wong Kar-Wai)

78.The Ascent (Shepitko)

79.Gabbeh (Mohsen Makhmalbaf)

80.A Man Escaped (Bresson)

81.The Conformist (Bertolucci)

82.Yol (Guney)

83.Fanny and Alexander (Bergman)

84.The Sacrifice (Tarkovsky)

85.La Dolce Vita (Fellini)

86.Cloud-Capped Star (Ghatak)

87.Voyage to Italy (Rossellini)

88.Le Plaisir (Ophuls)

89.Napoleon (Gance)

90.Yeelen (Cisse)

91.The Mascot (Starewicz)

92.Strike (Eisenstein)

93.Central Station (Salles)

94.Pandora's Box (Pabst)

95.Amores Perros (Inarritu)

96.Eureka (Aoyama)

97.And Life Goes On (Kiarostami)

98.Why Did Bodhi-Dharma Leave for the East?(Bae Yong-Kyun)

99.Hana-Bi (Kitano)

100.Two Stage Sisters (Xie Jin)

No doubt i've accidentally missed a few.

Arman

Screenwriter
Okay, here's my Personal Top 100 Foreign Language Films list version 1.0:

1. Stolen Kisses (Truffaut)

2. Breathless (Godard)

3. Wild Strawberries (Bergman)

4. Belle de jour (Bunuel)

5. The Bicycle Thief (De Sica)

6. Blowup (Antonioni)

7. Grand Illusion (Renoir)

8. Children of Paradise (Carne)

9. L'Atalante (Vigo)

10. L'Avventura (Antonioni)

11. Umberto D (De Sica)

12. Pickpocket (Bresson)

13. That Obscure Object of Desire (Bunuel)

14. Contempt (Godard)

15. Madadayo (Kurosowa)

16. Metropolis (Lang)

17. 8 1/2 (Fellini)

18. M (Lang)

19. Open City (Rossellini)

20. Jules and Jim (Truffaut)

21. Persona (Bergman)

22. Ordet (Dreyer)

23. Discreet Charm of The Bourgeoisie (Bunuel)

24. Gertrud (Dreyer)

25. In The Mood For Love (Kar-Wai)

26. The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dreyer)

27. Tokyo Story (Ozu)

28. Pierrot le Fou (Godard)

29. Spirited Away (Miyazaki)

30. Rules of The Game (Renoir)

31. Talk To Her (Almodovar)

32. City of God (Lund and Meirelles)

33. Yi yi (Yang)

34. The Story of Adele H. (Truffaut)

35. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

36. La Dolce Vita (Fellini)

37. Rashomon (Kurosowa)

38. Shoot The Piano Player (Truffaut)

39. L’Argent (Bresson)

40. Nowhere In Africa (Link)

41. A Nous La Liberte (Clair)

42. 400 Blows (Truffaut)

43. Seven Samurai (Kurosowa)

44. Le Notti di Cabiria (Fellini)

45. Amelie (Jenuet)

46. Cinema Paradiso (Tornatore)

47. Akira (Otomo)

48. Andrei Roublev (Tarkovsky)

49. Central Station (Salles)

50. Amores Perros (Inarritu)

51. Yojimbo (Kurosowa)

52. Nieve Reinas (Bielinsky)

53. Princess Mononoke (Miyazaki)

54. Chloe In The Afternoon (Rohmer)

55. All About My Mother (Almodovar)

56. Les Mistons (Truffaut)

57. Fury (Lang)

58. Claire’s Knee (Rohmer)

59. La Promesse (Dardenne & Dardenne)

60. A Night At Mauds (Rohmer)

61. No Man’s Land (Tanovic)

62. Wild Child (Truffaut)

63. Lola (Demy)

64. The Dreamlife of Angels (Zonca)

65. A Taste of Cherry (Kiarostami)

66. Sanjuro (Kurosowa)

67. Bian Lian (King of Masks)

68. Time Out (Recoing)

69. Autumn Sonata (Bergman)

70. Tokyo Olympiad (Ichikawa)

71. The Hidden Fortress (Kurosowa)

72. Metropolis (Rin)

73. Atanarjuat (Kunuk)

74. Amarcord (Fellini)

75. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Lee)

76. The Seventh Seal (Bergman)

77. Cries and Whispers (Bergman)

78. Ran (Kurosowa)

79. Juana la loca (Aranda)

80. Alexander Nevsky (Eisenstein & Vasilyev)

81. The Son’s Room (Moretti)

82. Bread and Tulips (Soldini)

83. Y Tu Mama Tambien (Cuaron)

84. Eat Drink, Man, Woman (Lee)

85. Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht (Herzog)

86. Wild Reeds (Techine)

87. Fellini Satyricon (Fellini)

88. Fanny and Alexander (Bergman)

89. Solaris (Tarkovsky)

90. Life is Beautiful (Benigni)

91. Malena (Tornatore)

92. Day of Wrath (Dreyer)

93. Run Lola Run (Tykwer)

94. Bob le flambeur (Melville)

95. Loves of A Blond (Forman)

96. Ulysses'Gaze (Angelopoulos)

97. The Wages of Fear (Clouzot)

98. The City of Lost Children (Caro & Jeunet)

99. Farewell My Concubine (Chen)

100. Belle Epoque (Trueba)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Wow Arman!,

You have some great films there.

I look forward to hearing more as you see more...

Cheers,

Arman

Screenwriter
Okay, here's my Personal Top 100 Foreign Language Films list version 1.0:

1. Stolen Kisses (Truffaut)

2. Breathless (Godard)

3. Wild Strawberries (Bergman)

4. Belle de jour (Bunuel)

5. The Bicycle Thief (De Sica)

6. Blowup (Antonioni)

7. Grand Illusion (Renoir)

8. Children of Paradise (Carne)

9. L'Atalante (Vigo)

10. L'Avventura (Antonioni)

11. Umberto D (De Sica)

12. Pickpocket (Bresson)

13. That Obscure Object of Desire (Bunuel)

14. Contempt (Godard)

15. Madadayo (Kurosowa)

16. Metropolis (Lang)

17. 8 1/2 (Fellini)

18. M (Lang)

19. Open City (Rossellini)

20. Jules and Jim (Truffaut)

21. Persona (Bergman)

22. Ordet (Dreyer)

23. Discreet Charm of The Bourgeoisie (Bunuel)

24. Gertrud (Dreyer)

25. In The Mood For Love (Kar-Wai)

26. The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dreyer)

27. Tokyo Story (Ozu)

28. Pierrot le Fou (Godard)

29. Spirited Away (Miyazaki)

30. Rules of The Game (Renoir)

31. Talk To Her (Almodovar)

32. City of God (Lund and Meirelles)

33. Yi yi (Yang)

34. The Story of Adele H. (Truffaut)

35. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

36. La Dolce Vita (Fellini)

37. Rashomon (Kurosowa)

38. Shoot The Piano Player (Truffaut)

39. L’Argent (Bresson)

40. Nowhere In Africa (Link)

41. A Nous La Liberte (Clair)

42. 400 Blows (Truffaut)

43. Seven Samurai (Kurosowa)

44. Le Notti di Cabiria (Fellini)

45. Amelie (Jenuet)

46. Cinema Paradiso (Tornatore)

47. Akira (Otomo)

48. Andrei Roublev (Tarkovsky)

49. Central Station (Salles)

50. Amores Perros (Inarritu)

51. Yojimbo (Kurosowa)

52. Nieve Reinas (Bielinsky)

53. Princess Mononoke (Miyazaki)

54. Chloe In The Afternoon (Rohmer)

55. All About My Mother (Almodovar)

56. Les Mistons (Truffaut)

57. Fury (Lang)

58. Claire’s Knee (Rohmer)

59. La Promesse (Dardenne & Dardenne)

60. A Night At Mauds (Rohmer)

61. No Man’s Land (Tanovic)

62. Wild Child (Truffaut)

63. Lola (Demy)

64. The Dreamlife of Angels (Zonca)

65. A Taste of Cherry (Kiarostami)

66. Sanjuro (Kurosowa)

67. Bian Lian (King of Masks)

68. Time Out (Recoing)

69. Autumn Sonata (Bergman)

70. Tokyo Olympiad (Ichikawa)

71. The Hidden Fortress (Kurosowa)

72. Metropolis (Rin)

73. Atanarjuat (Kunuk)

74. Amarcord (Fellini)

75. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Lee)

76. The Seventh Seal (Bergman)

77. Cries and Whispers (Bergman)

78. Ran (Kurosowa)

79. Juana la loca (Aranda)

80. Alexander Nevsky (Eisenstein & Vasilyev)

81. The Son’s Room (Moretti)

82. Bread and Tulips (Soldini)

83. Y Tu Mama Tambien (Cuaron)

84. Eat Drink, Man, Woman (Lee)

85. Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht (Herzog)

86. Wild Reeds (Techine)

87. Fellini Satyricon (Fellini)

88. Fanny and Alexander (Bergman)

89. Solaris (Tarkovsky)

90. Life is Beautiful (Benigni)

91. Malena (Tornatore)

92. Day of Wrath (Dreyer)

93. Run Lola Run (Tykwer)

94. Bob le flambeur (Melville)

95. Loves of A Blond (Forman)

96. Ulysses'Gaze (Angelopoulos)

97. The Wages of Fear (Clouzot)

98. The City of Lost Children (Caro & Jeunet)

99. Farewell My Concubine (Chen)

100. Belle Epoque (Trueba)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks