What's new

Person of Interest (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I still find the actor playing Dominic underwhelming. His right-hand man is a far more interesting actor.I was sure Elias was a goner last night, so I was relieved he was spared even though I hated losing Tony.Excellent episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
A strong Elias episode last night with his character pretty much commanding the screen. Not certain why he would start to enter the code on the vault when they first arrived, other than to trick the audience.
There may have been at least two codes. One which blew right away and one which had a timed delay.

The big question with Dominic looking for them is what is he going to do when he finds them? Will he realize the Samaritan threat if he is told about that?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If there's any justice in this world, Enrico Colantoni will get a Guest Actor Emmy nomination for that episode. Just great work. Elias has become one of my favorite anti-heroes.

Interesting with Link; he goes from seeing the lengths that Elias went through to try and save Anthony, to Dominic casually dismissing the deaths of a room full of his top footsoldiers by saying it's easy to get more soldiers. In the back of his mind, Link's got to be wondering if Dominic feels the same way about him.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Matt Hough said:
I still find the actor playing Dominic underwhelming. His right-hand man is a far more interesting actor.I was sure Elias was a goner last night, so I was relieved he was spared even though I hated losing Tony.Excellent episode.
Agreed. I disliked the patriotic cyber-terrorist group (already forget their name), and they ended up to be no more than a plot tool. It showed.

I think Dominic is the same. There is no lasting power there. He is an unworthy villain for a solid show like this and he'll be quickly used and forgotten. Wish they never wasted our time with the like.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I think it is pretty plain that Dominic will be a one season antagonist, possibly extending into next season with a cliff hanger ending (?) I think the idea of having adversaries on both sides of the law is an effective mechanism for generating tension and may create some interesting alliances and fluid situations.

BTW, I agree that Dominic made a mistake showing Link his complete disregard for those underneath him. Certainly Anthony's speech about 'being in a chair like this one' brought the point home for Link. How that will play out is the question.

Next new episode is on December 16th and then a break for the holidays until January 6th, 2015.

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Quentin said:
Agreed. I disliked the patriotic cyber-terrorist group (already forget their name), and they ended up to be no more than a plot tool. It showed.

I think Dominic is the same. There is no lasting power there. He is an unworthy villain for a solid show like this and he'll be quickly used and forgotten. Wish they never wasted our time with the like.
I suppose this shows how spoiled we have become with this show, that a villain for the season just isn't good enough. Most other shows get by with a villain of the week, and there's nary a complaint.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Cameron Yee said:
I suppose this shows how spoiled we have become with this show, that a villain for the season just isn't good enough. Most other shows get by with a villain of the week, and there's nary a complaint.
Oh, absolutely!I hold this show to a higher standard and it rarely lets me down.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I admit the classroom scene was creepy.

And this is one of my favorite shows. I also liked the mirroring between the two teams - the man of action bantering with the gun-toting female while the older man looked on.

That being said - I did not like the end. They've gone far too bleak - especially with a break, and likely no resolution at all when we come back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
That was some creepy talk between Root (Machine) and the little boy (Samaritan).
When Greer set it up Samaritan's proxy as being someone more in the shape of things to come, I thought it was going to be Claire from "Nautilus", since she was the closest analog to Root on Samaritan's team that we'd seen thus far.But the little boy was much creepier. The fact that he didn't just repeat Samaritan's words but performed them meant that he's every bit the scary little psychopathic prodigy that Samantha Groves was at his age. It's like Samaritan is cultivating its own genius-level Hitler Youth.
David Weicker said:
That being said - I did not like the end. They've gone far too bleak - especially with a break, and likely no resolution at all when we come back.
This is being marketed as the first episode of a trilogy, together with the upcoming "If-Then-Else" on Jan. 6 and "Control Alt Delete" on Jan. 13.By the end of those episodes, in addition to being down at least one series regular, we'll hopefully have a better idea of the direction this clash of the titans is headed.

I loved hearing the Machine articulate Harold's philosophy through Root's mouth. And Samaritan's just so damn smug and arrogant, that I'd love to see the Machine come out victorious for that reason alone. I always root for the underdog.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I always love the back story content on Person of Interest and Greer's story illustrated some of the rationale behind his disdain for humanity in general.

Yeah, the child prodigy was creepily effective. In addition to the delivery I enjoyed the touch of the boy's drawing being rendered like a printout from a dot-matrix printer. (The kid was tapping on the paper with his crayon and there was a dot structure to the drawing when it was pinned on the board.)

In this episode Samaritan 'voiced' concerns that its hardware must have been tampered with since it could not recognize Groves. Will this lead to a large scale audit that turns up the seven compromised servers?

I loved hearing the Machine articulate Harold's philosophy through Root's mouth.
+1

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It was unexpected to be sure, but I have to admit I snickered a bit at these words coming out of the child's mouth. The young actor was great articulating the words and putting some force behind what he was saying, but the two of them sitting there talking as intermediaries for the two machines for some reason struck me as a little funny.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I also couldn't help thinking of young DiCaprio or River Phoenix with the kid in the classroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks