What's new

Person of Interest (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
jcroy said:
This is the main reason I'm still watching. (Besides nothing else to do on tuesdays after supper).

I'm willing to overlook the less than stellar "number of the week" stuff so far, to see how the overall bigger picture is emerging.
Also, I don't agree with your assessment about those cases being less than stellar as differences of opinion are subjective in this case.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I thought the actor playing Dominic was very poor. Fortunately, he was only in that climactic scene.

Otherwise, an action-filled and enjoyable episode with some good humor ("How do you do that with your voice?") sprinkled among the more dramatic moments.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I loved this week's episode. (that 'voice' quote was terrific).And can anyone make the slow-walk more awkward than Fusco?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Robert Crawford said:
Also, I don't agree with your assessment about those cases being less than stellar as differences of opinion are subjective in this case.
I don't know what your subjective criteria is in regard to this show.

These days, mine is fairly simple. Anything that causes me to fall asleep, lose attention, ask myself "why am I watching this?", etc ,,, is what ends up being lumped into the "less than stellar" category.

When i first started watching this show, the hard sci-fi aspects and a superficial resemblance to the 1980's show "The Equalizer" is what caught my initial attention and interest in this show. (When I was younger, I spent some time studying AI). I thought season 1 was excellent, and also the latter half of season 2 and the entire season 3.

At the present time, the Samaritan stuff is the only thing left keeping my interest in this show.

EDIT: Also "Person of Interest" isn't the only show I've been having second thoughts about recently. I've been feeling the same way about most other shows I've been watching recently, such as: Hawaii Five-0, Stalker, How To Get Away With Murder, The Blacklist, etc ... At the present time the only show that's keeping my attention is Scorpion, in spite of the technical inaccuracies and other silliness. (Scorpion and "Person of Interest" are the only two shows I still watch live in their respective allotted time slots).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
jcroy said:
I don't know what your subjective criteria is in regard to this show.

These days, mine is fairly simple. Anything that causes me to fall asleep, lose attention, ask myself "why am I watching this?", etc ,,, is what ends up being lumped into the "less than stellar" category.

When i first started watching this show, the hard sci-fi aspects and a superficial resemblance to the 1980's show "The Equalizer" is what caught my initial attention and interest in this show. (When I was younger, I spent some time studying AI). I thought season 1 was excellent, and also the latter half of season 2 and the entire season 3.

At the present time, the Samaritan stuff is the only thing left keeping my interest in this show.

EDIT: Also "Person of Interest" isn't the only show I've been having second thoughts about recently. I've been feeling the same way about most other shows I've been watching recently, such as: Hawaii Five-0, Stalker, How To Get Away With Murder, The Blacklist, etc ... At the present time the only show that's keeping my attention is Scorpion, in spite of the technical inaccuracies and other silliness. (Scorpion and "Person of Interest" are the only two shows I still watch live in their respective allotted time slots).
To each his own!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
That Finch is a tricky one. :) I was wondering what was going on in Hong Kong, because I didn't believe for a moment that as long as Grace was alive Harold would look at another woman.
I guess that was one of the results of Finch's conversation with the Machine after the last episode.

I thought there were a number of hilarious lines from Walter in the episode. The Elias/Dominic meeting was interesting to see. I wonder how that clash will develop.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Root wanting to tell Shaw something that she already knows.

How many of us are Root-Shaw 'shippers? :D

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Lots of teasing with Shaw...flirtatious with both John and Root, flirtatious to the point of almost leaving with the thief, and Samaritan trying to compile her face on camera. I'd almost say they are flirting with her demise...but, I think it's too much. There may be a twist on that coming.

I am curious to see what happens when Samaritan ID's her.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I do hope they go on some kind of offensive against Samaritan...Or at least the machine does. Most of the missions seem to be defensive.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Been slowly catching up on my DVR backlog and finally viewed last week's episode. I thought this episode did a good job of striking a balance between tension and lighter moments. Root's playful banter with Shaw (and to a lesser extent with Finch) did a good job of finding the right tone, as it usually does. On a slightly different note, I always enjoy Finch and Root's conversations regarding the ethics of their mission and Harold raises an interesting point about how much wrong can they justify in the name of doing the right thing.

I liked the subtle reference to Heat. When Shaw was reciting her references to Tomas she mentioned the work she had done for McCauley's crew in L.A. Nice touch. Also enjoyed Fusco's 'not cool' line.

I'm guessing we will see the relevant team again in the future. While Brooks seems to be a true believer I do wonder if Shaw can turn Devon (her former trainee - who played Ashur in the STARZ Spartacus series.)

So far this season has been delivering a solid run of episodes and as long as one can accept the 'heightened reality' that the show operates within, this was a strong episode.

- Walter.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Tonight's episode was excellent.

It brought together a lot of the disjointed threads from earlier episodes this season (which I originally thought looked superfluous at first), and converged them together into a coherent whole cloth. (ie. A highly serialized payoff for paying attention to details).

Without spoiling too much, this episode ends on two clifffhangers. Next week's episode looks like a mid-season showdown.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I enjoyed the episode as I've enjoyed most of this season. Loved the use of Bear in the story this week.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One of the better episodes of the season tying some of the story elements together from earlier this season. Guessing the guy wielding the double barrel shotgun wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. :) Looks like Shaw could use a little bit of assistance from Root or Reese.

As I've posted before one of the aspects of the show that I enjoy are the small details (Well, on this show and any other show that engages in that sort of thing). I liked the idea of the pseudonym mini being the internal portion of Dominic. Lesser shows would not expend the effort on such a casual thing.

- Walter.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
One of the better episodes of the season tying some of the story elements together from earlier this season. Guessing the guy wielding the double barrel shotgun wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. :) Looks like Shaw could use a little bit of assistance from Root or Reese.
Yes, a great episode. Next week's should be quite intense.

That Elvis with the shotgun should have just fired instead checking.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A strong Elias episode last night with his character pretty much commanding the screen. Not certain why he would start to enter the code on the vault when they first arrived, other than to trick the audience.

For being such bad asses Shaw and Martine sure were lousy shots in the department store. :)

The Shaw/Root sequences are always fun and this episode was no exception.

I thought the augmentation of Samaritan with additional human intelligence was a logical development of their inability to locate Harold and his group - and was a strong tactical move by Greer. Looks like the squeeze is on with both Greer and Dominic searching for them.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks