What's new

Perry Mason - Season 3 Coming in August (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
This should help put some peoples minds at ease. Many were concerned that the recent 50th Anniversary box might spell the end for season sets.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
That is exactly why I posted this new thread. I wanted to let everyone know that the Perry Mason sets are still coming.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, I've Netflixed the 50th Anniversary set (with an eye on buying it eventually) but I can't wait for this set!

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Me either. My tastes in TV on DVD is varied. I have the complete Flintstones on DVD; as well as "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman." I would like to get every Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear and Quick Draw McGraw cartoon available. If it was available, I would collect the 1966 "Batman" TV series with Adam West. The only other one I want to collect is "Perry Mason." I got the first volume of "Columbo" when it came out and I totally lost interest in collecting the rest of the series.

This is not so with "Perry Mason." I just can't get enough of it. I grew up watching it on KPTV 12 in Portland, Oregon. It came on Monday through Friday at 12 noon, and it is still on that same channel at the same time and it has been there for over 35 years now.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Funny. I used to watch it 20 years ago on Ch. 23 in Tulsa. They ran it Mon-Fri at noon, as well. It ran for 10 years or so at that time. I worked 3-11 so every day i ate lunch and watched Mason, before i had to go to work. I missed it when it left the air, glad to have it on DVD. No matter how many times i see it, i cant ever remember who the heck did it!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Greg, for posting this in it's own thread.

I agree, this is one show I'm in for the entire run if it goes that far. Although the loss of Ray Collins hurt, it never jumped the shark in my opinion. There may have been a few episodes that were clunkers, but they were remarkably few and far between.

Although the recent 50th anniversary celebrated unknowns who became famous later, the appeal to me is the opposite: all the actors/actresses who were icons of the golden age of cinema that appeared, particularly the character actors. We get the likes of Francis X. Bushman, Lloyd Corrigan, Tom Conway, Jerome Cowan, Hillary Brooke, Keye Luke, and the list goes on and on.

In Season 3 some of the stars who appear are Fay Wray, Dick Foran, Barton MacLane, Ann Rutherford, and Les Tremayne. Heck, even BERT CONVY shows up this season :)

Steve

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
You "Tattletale!!!" I didn't know Bert Convy was in an episode of "Perry Mason!"

(btw - I love to pun. Bert Convy hosted a game show in the 70's called "Tattletales." Just in case someone thought I was really upset at Steve.)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg, :laugh: Good one I remember that show as well. About Bert Convy, I guess he was most known for the game-show scene, but I've always liked his guest spots in Love Boat, etc. And, his role in the film "Hero At Large" (John Ritter, Anne Archer, I think '80?). Yep, after checking at IMBD.

Upset at Steve O? No way...our resident Perry Mason Guru? :) I'm in for the entire run as well. I agree that it didn't "jump the shark" but as Steve said, it was a big loss without Ray Collins. Those verbal "sparring matches" with Raymond Burr on the show are classic.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Yes, Steve O. is absolutely our Perry Mason guru and I appreciate him an awful lot. I'm looking forward to Season 3 and hope CBS/Paramount can continue to release these all the way through to the show's completion.

Jeff, sorry I haven't gotten back to you recently. I've been swamped with unexpected issues that have consumed my time for the last couple of weeks, and this week in particular. BTW, why did you change your sig?

Gary "keep 'em coming CBS/Paramount!" O.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I noticed that too. Its not the same ol' Jeff without that sig! Do it again, make it better than before. Better, stronger, faster.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Tvshowsondvd.com has posted the artwork for the back of Season 3, Volume 1.

Perry Mason DVD news: Rear Box Art for Perry Mason - The 3rd Season, Volume 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Apparently, it'll be a 3 disc set with 12 episodes, all for the standard retail price of $49.99! This is the same price as the 50th Anniversary collection with all its extras! Are they kidding or what? CBS/Paramount price gauging knows no limits!

I love Mason, but I think I'll probably wait til Amazon or Deepdiscount offers it at a severely reduced price..

Real Name
Håkan Andersson
Now when the seasons are down to 24 (?) episodes, it seems even more meaningsless to divide each season into two sets then before.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The set has 8 1-star reviews so far on amazon, all because of price.

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway

Wow! I had no idea it was still on that channel/time. I grew up in Corvallis, Oregon and during school vacations I'd stay w/my grandparents while my mom worked. My grandfather would come home every day at noon for his lunch hour & my grandmother would have his lunch prepared and have Perry Mason on the TV for the second he walked in the door. Woe be to anyone who wished to watch something else during that hour (or talk)!

I have very fond memories of those school vacations and still love Perry Mason to this day because it's a great show, but also because I remember how I learned to love it, even if at the time I thought it was kind of annoying to have to watch in total silence.

Real Name
Håkan Andersson

If you just can wait some more months, I know I can (I have plenty of other DVDs to watch), Amazon or other webshops will discount them for half price, just like they did recently. On that occasion I bought the last two PM boxes for half price, including the "50th anniversary", which I only bought for the bonus disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks