What's new

Pearl Jam's new album... (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
*bangs head*
Why do I never bother to send tenclub a little money? Now I'm gonna have to get in line with the shmucks for what will probably be just OK seats.
Oh well, I've already got a group of about 5 people possibly wanting to go, so 2 tickets wouldn't have helped much. Not that I wouldn't leave everyone behind for seats in the first few rows though :)
I can't wait though. This'll only be the 2nd time I've seen them.
I'm not sure PJ does open floor any more. Last month in Key Arena they had the entire floor space filled with chairs. No mosh pit at all. I think after they had those deaths at their show they put a stop to any of that.
They put a stop to it long before that. Outdoor shows at a field don't usually have any seats though.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Don't they pretty much always play there?
Nope. They always play at much larger venues. Last tour they played at the Air Canada Centre. The tour before that was Molson Park (in Barrie) and before that was Maple Leaf Gardens.

The show at the Air Canada Centre sold out in under 30 minutes, and it's quite a large venue!! The venue for this tour is tiny and the sound is pretty terrible.

Oh well ....

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm glad their at GM Place this time. Last time they played a regualr show here, it was at Pcific Colliseum which has terrible sound. Of course nothing would have topped the Commadore Ballroom show.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Pearl Jam has outdone themselves again.
Not even 24 hours after the first show of the tour (Brisbane) pjbootlegs.com has got the unmastered mp3's up for anyone that has ordered to download. I had no problems getting to the page and the downloads were as fast as my LAN connection could give them to me - I had the whole thing in less then 5 min.

The mp3's aren't mastered, but the quality of what I've heard is great. They're all ripped at 64 kbp, but I would have sworn they were at least 120 or higher. On top of the quality of the mp3's is the performance itself - pretty outstanding, and I'm only on track 6. Having Boom on keyboards makes it sound like there is a whole new band on stage.

Heres the setlist, for anyone considering a purchase (from synergy)...
Set List: Can't Keep, Don't Go, Save You, Hail Hail, Cropduster, Corduroy, I Am Mine, Nothing As It Seems, Given To Fly, Green Disease, Even Flow, Daughter/(War by Edwin Starr), 1/2 Full, Wishlist, Better Man, Black, Blood;
1st encore: Kids Are Alright, Small Town, Bushleaguer, Whipping, RVM;
2nd encore: Crazy Mary

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Went to the Charlotte show last night and good lord -

I feel like I am 20 again! What a night!

I will post the setlist later once ten club has it but it was awesome.

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Setlist according to Sky I Scrape:

ed solo: Driftin'
setlist: Sometimes, Last Exit, Save You, Animal, Jeremy, Nothing As It Seems, In Hiding, Even Flow, SUV Song, Green Disease, Corduroy, Immortality, Nothingman, Better Man, Leatherman, Grievance, Do The Evolution, Breath, Go
encore: Love Boat Captain, Black, Down, Alive
encore 2: Sonic Reducer, Leavin' Here, Rockin' In The Free World

Once again an incredible night (only a little EV ranting). Encore 2 was amazing with a ridiculously aggressive Sonic Reducer and with SK filling in a background vocals on Leavin Here.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
ive posted this before, btu it doesnt hurt to post it again. at this site, they have the mp3s and shn files for all the shows on the tour so far. (not all of ths shns are up yet). you download using bittorrent. check it out, fast internet connection recommended. spread the jam!
CJ

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Well kids,
Those showbox shows I was raving about a couple pages back?
Well, PJ has put night 2 (12/6/02) on DVD.
Heres the setlist;
Set list: Small Town, Off He Goes, Thumbing My Way, Thin Air, Breakerfall, Green Disease, Corduroy, Save You, Ghost, Cropduster, I Am Mine, Love Boat Captain, Gods' Dice, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(War by Edwin Starr), You Are, Rearviewmirror;
1st encore: Bu$hleaguer, Insignificance, Better Man, Do The Evolution, Yellow Ledbetter;
2nd encore: Soon Forget, Don't Believe in Christmas by The Sonics
It was made by the same people that made Touring Band 2000. AS far as DVDs go, this doesnt have anything extra. No 5.1, or any of that stuff. I've read it is widescreen. Apparently the camera picture is better than TB2k, as is the camera work. But I can't say for certain since I just ordered it myself.
You can get it for $15 from THIS site. Direct from PJ to you. Thats all its supposed to be, a good video quality show that PJ thought was shareworthy. Check it out!
Oh, it will also be avaible at all 2nd Leg shows - but for a bit more - it'll be $20.
JQ

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I ordered this last night too. I also read on one of the PJ boards that was anamorphic widescreen but just digital stereo. Also I heard on those boards that this won't be the only DVD like this they will be releasing. Supposedly they are doing the Yokahama show, as well as another TB2000-esque DVD for this tour. I know they were filming in Tampa when I saw them. Bring it on, I will buy them all!:D :D :D

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
It was made by the same people that made Touring Band 2000. AS far as DVDs go, this doesnt have anything extra. No 5.1, or any of that stuff. I've read it is widescreen. Apparently the camera picture is better than TB2k, as is the camera work. But I can't say for certain since I just ordered it myself.
Bummer no 5.1, think I will wait for some opinions on the dvd before I pick it up. Anyone know if its dolby or PCM?

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Wow ... I'm really surprised The Ten Club didn't send out an e-mail regarding this DVD. Thanks Jason for posting about this DVD. Just placed my order. I really wish they wouldn't charge so much for shipping to Canada ($11US).

Now to wait until June 28th to see them live.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Anyone get the showbox dvd? Hows the audio? How does it compare to touring band?
Thanks,
Will be seing them live in 1 week ;)

George See

Second Unit
I ordered it the day after it was released and haven't received it yet, however there are a lot of people on the pearl jam official message board that will gladly tell you how much they love their new DVD. I've heard disc and packaging are very very barebones but it's an otherwise great presentation of a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks