What's new

Pearl Jam's new album... (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
And there are two more songs from the album played during the interview (which lasts 42 minutes BTW).

You Are is really interesting. Sounds a bit like it could have been an old B Side.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's all out there.

And I still love this band more than any other.

There's a good mix of Fast, medium, slower, and my favorite, quirky catchy.

The production on this album is amazing. We all know that it let them down on Binaural, but this is just.... amazing.

Can't wait to get the CD now.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Graeme,

You beat me to it!

The album is absolutely terrific. There's a completely different feel to Riot Act than all previous PJ albums. It's more 'raw'. Kinda sounds like a live album.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
At this moment, I'm going to torture myself for the next month by resisting temptation & not downloading...that way the album will be fresh and new come Nov 12th....
...now, I don't know what will happen a week from now, or two weeks from now...I may be forced to have another sneak preview...,
Give me strength;)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
You guys are the devil ;)
I broke down and downloaded "Love Boat Captain" because I have really been wanting to hear that one. Needless to say, I love it. But I swear I'm not gonna break down - I'm not listening to another song from this album until Nov 12th! I cant wait.
And, I just thought I'd say it again, "Love Boat Captain" is AWESOME.
As for where you can find the album, I dont know if its against the rules to specifically say you can get the album from this or that online source. But I can say its out there and very easily accessible. Just search a bit...I think I've seen all 15 tracks floating around
JQ

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
STOP ME BEFORE I DOWNLOAD AGAIN!!!!
I just DL'ed "Green Disease" and my face is about to explode b/c I've got a smile going from ear to ear!!!!! :b
Okay, I promise...no more Riot Act until Nov 12th!!
:angry:
No, seriously...I mean it...I swear....
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
I have listened to the entire album several times now and I am in love. :) Those of you who are waiting for the official release will not be disappointed. It's definitely a step up from Binaural.
What a weekend this was was for music leaks online! In the space of two days we got the legendary "holy grail" of unreleased Nirvana songs, the entire upcoming Pearl Jam album, and the entire new Foo Fighters album (which I have not had a chance to take in yet). With all this new music from Seattle scene bands coming out at once I'm starting to get flashbacks to the early to mid-90's! :)
Anyway, time to go listen to Riot Act again!!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Just downloaded and listened to I Am Mine. I have to say this track is alot better then many of the recent PJ offerings. If the rest of the CD delivers similar quality we should be in for a treat. This new CD may actually cause me to become a fan again.

J

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
If you're going to download any more (and have already heard You Are), I suggest Get Right. You Are, Get Right, and Bush Leaguer are my current faves.

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I just can't let this thread die, so here's my review of Riot Act.
I am of the firm belief the Riot Act is the album all Pearl Jam fans have been waiting for. Yield and Binaural, while both great albums, just didn't showcase what Pearl Jam is as a band. Riot Act is the first time since No Code where we really 'get back' the band we know and love.
One thing that's very noticeable throughout the album is its raw feel. The rawness of the album gives it much of the same energy of a live performance. It also gives the album a much more personal atmosphere.
The lyrics on Riot Act are some of the best ever put out by Pearl Jam. Since I don't have access to the liner notes, I cannot say how gets writing credit for which song. Each song seems to reflect where the band has been over the past two years. We get a tribute to those killed at Roskilde, along with a social commentary about the current political situation in the US.
Musically the band couldn't be tighter. They have also become a lot more comfortable with layering the music. They provide tracks that are so simple yet at the same time quite complex.
Unfortunately I don't have time to continue with anything more. Gotta get back to work :) In closing, I'll just say that I can't imagine a Pearl Jam fan being disappointed with Riot Act.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
Well, as of today, I've continued to hold out for Nov 12th, only downloading two album tracks (Green Disease & Bushleaguer). I'm totally psyched for this release, but I've always thought that the anticipation was half the fun, so I'm going to attempt to hold off for the disc.

So far, what I've heard, I'm not disappointed by a long shot. "I Am Mine" is perhaps one of the most uplifting songs (Pearl Jam or otherwise) that I've ever had the privilege to hear. As David Ely said in his post, the more political "Bushleaguer" is a great social commentary. "Green Disease" is one of those 'get in the car & drive damn fast' songs that Pearl Jam made famous w/ "Rearviewmirror" and "MFC".

Next week will be the single release for "I Am Mine" here in the U.S., which contains the non-album B-side "Down". If you're into ordering from overseas, the Australian single also contains another non-album B-Side called "Undone."

On a side note: Has anyone come across an MP3 of Eddie Vedder's duet w/ Bruce Springsteen on his classic "My Hometown"? Ed was the Boss' surprise guest last week in Chicago. I'm dying to hear that version....

David Ely

Supporting Actor
On a side note: Has anyone come across an MP3 of Eddie Vedder's duet w/ Bruce Springsteen on his classic "My Hometown"? Ed was the Boss' surprise guest last week in Chicago. I'm dying to hear that version....
If you have newsgroup access, it's posted at alt.binaries.pearljam

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
They have the Ed + Bruce song at www.theskyiscrape.com. Go into the Pearl Jam news section and its the third or fourth entry from the top.
So far all I've heard is "Love Boat Captain", "I Am Mine" and "Save You". I'm proud of myself for not listening yet (the payoff will come Nov 12th!). I'm trying to hold off on the new Foo Fighters too...
JQ

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link! :emoji_thumbsup: Too bad the Boss doesn't release official "bootlegs", b/c I'd love to get a soundboard quality version of that song!

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
This may be a thread fart, but has anyone seen Pearl Jam's new music video? They ripped Tool's puppet and clay mation figures to represent the meaning of the song idea WAY off. These characters in the vid look directly lifted from Tool vids. The lighting and whole look of it is like a bad bastardized Tool vid gone wrong.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator

Pearl Jam video? Okay, maybe I missed the boat somewhere, but I wasn't aware of a video. I did think the puppet on the cover of the "I Am Mine" single looked Tool-esque, but a video? I know they did some filming for a concert/promo video of "I Am Mine" to send to Europe, but the last video I know of is "Do The Evolution" from 1998.

Is there a commercial for the single that I don't know about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks