Pearl Harbor "Upgrade Promotion"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Gregory, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

I was scanning through the Image site for new announcements and found the listing for new features. Yes, information that we have all seen before, but there is something new.

2. Jimmy Nugent

Jimmy Nugent Stunt Coordinator

I saw this mentioned in Sunday's Best Buy circular. Does anybody know the details? Is it the standard "send a proof of purchase tab", or do you need to return the previous disc for a rebate? I was considering selling my original version in favor of the new one but need to know if I should remove a tab first. Anybody?

Thanks-

Jimmy

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

4. Jimmy Nugent

Jimmy Nugent Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the heads up!

In the 2 years I've been perusing here I don't believe I've ever been to that section. I'm on my way...

J

5. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

It's an easy deal. The only thing you need to send from the original is either the PoP tab *or* just a photocopy of the back cover. From the Vista edition, you need an original rebate certificate, the PoP tab, and a copy of your receipt.

I ordered this from Wal-Mart.com -- with the deal it should net out around $12, which is worth it for the new supplements alone. Plus, Jennifer Garner is in this movie. :b

6. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

We should somehow congratulate Buena Vista on this great breakthrough. To my knowledge, this has never been done with a DVD, and possibly never with an LD. I think that all studios should provide some type of incentive for their customers when they "double-dip" and buy a re-release of a movie that they already own. Way to go BV!!!
    And to answer other peoples questions, you take the coupon from the Vista Series, put the little proof of purchase tabs on it, and mail it away and get your $10 check probably 6-8 weeks later! [​IMG]

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

8. Michael Moulton

Michael Moulton Stunt Coordinator

So we have to cut the proof of purchase from the new Pearl Harbor box? What's the point of making this great folding cardboard case and then make us destroy it for a rebate?

9. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

Actually Michael, it tears off quite easily with no harm done.

10. Michael Moulton

Thanks Dan.

My original Pearl Harbor is from one of the two-packs (it was Remember the Titans in my case) and it has a "Not Labelled For Individual Sale" stick over the barcode. Think that'll cause a problem?

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

12. Michael Moulton

Well, the proof of purchase tab on the original Pearl Harbor (the cardboard/plastic case) is on the back... could be _very_ hard to remove. Maybe that's why they say a photocopy of the back is acceptable.

13. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    my PH comes with a little piece of paper inside that is a proof of purchase and says "tear off proof of purchase tab and use with offer"

but the paper is small enought that i'll just send the whole thing.