What's new

Pearl Harbor Director's Cut is EDITED? (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Actually, can I come down halfway on this one? For the extras, an 18 is fine, dandy, lovely etc. Less space wasted, artwork isn't really an issue for me, and turning the disc over isn't a problem.
As for the film itself however, two discs is appreciated, as you don't want to spend as long at the pause. Multi-disc changer players are far more common that laserdisc-style players that can read both sides of the disc, so this way some lucky people don't even have to get up. Most important for me however is how small the text is on a double-sided disc. If I put on the wrong set of extras then who cares; if I stick the film in the wrong way up the first time I watch it and see the middle of the film by accident (and no-one wants to wade through slow layers of menus to start the second half off) then I'll be a tad annoyed.
Actually, thats a good point - how long are we going to have to wait before starting on the second half of the film, given that we need to select which sound format or commentary we are listening to?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks