What's new

Pearl Harbor Announced For Dec Any News On Extras Yet? (1 Viewer)

DarrenA

Second Unit
Any Given Sunday came out on a Friday, and also Shrek is scheduled for a Nov. 2nd release which is also a Friday. I'm willing to be that either the release date will be the standard Tues, Dec.4th or the actual anniversary date Fri, Dec.7th.
------------------
DarrenA
The Academy Home Theater

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Also Michael Bay's previous film (Armageddon for those of you who have forgot about it
wink.gif
) came out on a Friday back in 1998.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on August 11, 2001 at 12:50 PM]

AaronJB

Second Unit
I'm hoping for another hilariously over-the-top Michael Bay commentary where he gets all intense about telling tall tales from the set and makes the occasional funny remark about what he does on a daily basis during filming. I've grown progressively less entertained by his movies (especially "Pearl Harbor", in fact), but I've always found his commentaries energetic, basically informative and often funny.
Oh, and I almost forgot - there has to be some Affleck involvement in the commentary. Affleck can always be counted on to goof on a picture during commentary, which he proved during "Armageddon" and Smith's "Mallrats".
[Edited last by AaronJB on August 11, 2001 at 02:15 PM]

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Whats all this talk about DTS, whats happened to poor old Dolby Digital 5.1 it aint all that bad and it still sounds impressive to me.
We all havent got DTS you know
wink.gif

Any more extras news Mr Prior :)
Thanks
------------------
wallsmallbladerunner5.jpg

"You've done a man's job sir. I guess you're through"

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
As a special bonus feature, the movie itself should not be included on the DVD. It should be replaced entirely by archival footage of the event. F this movie, man.
------------------

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
THATS IT!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
I wish studios would return to making seperate versions of movies in DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 (or 6.1
biggrin.gif
).
Really, you could have the best of both worlds with these. First Disc with the (W I D E S C R E E N) presentation, dts, commentary. Second disc with EVERYTHING else.
But nnnooooooo, we wouldnt want disney to loose a few extra pennies because not as many people will buy this version. Sheesh, these studios make it seem like only 10 people bought the DTS version of Saving Private Ryan.
rolleyes.gif
I know what they mean when they dont want to produce two versions of the same movie.
*sigh*
Im sure they are selling millions of copies of the P&S version of Remember the Titans.
Enjoy your money Disney.
furious.gif

[Edited last by Scott Simonian on August 11, 2001 at 07:31 PM]

Mark E J

Second Unit
I wonder if we'll ever see a day when it is possible to discuss the extras or quality of a paticular DVD and not have someone telling you how bad the movie itself is.
rolleyes.gif

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
You heard it here first: we want pan and scan, mono dolby 1.0 in ten languages and lots of edge enhancement!
please BVista, make us happy !!
laugh.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I for one really hope it has a commentary track on it, so I can hear Micheal Bay say the word FUCK a few dozen times! That really annoyed me on the Criterion of 'Armageddon' and 'The Rock'.
------------------
The Multi Channel Animal's truly, madly, deeply in love with Estella Warren!
[Edited last by John Williamson on August 11, 2001 at 09:56 PM]

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
quote: Agreed on both counts. Both Armageddon and Pearl Harbor sucked big time. Whatever they put on the upcoming disc(s) won't be worth my time.[/quote]
With all due respect, I can only assume you're lying, since you took some of that precious time out of your busy schedule to read through and post to a thread about "whatever they put on the upcoming disc(s)."
[Edited last by Carl Fink on August 12, 2001 at 05:00 AM]

David Prior

Insider
I just saw this thread. I've not been sleeping much trying to wrap out Planet of the Apes, but I'll try to get some Pearl info out early next week. Stay tuned and thanks for your interest.
Cheers,
David

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Hi David, thanks for your update !!!
I will be looking out for that post, I realy like your stuff and I am realy curious what you have done with both Pearl Harbor and Planet Of The Apes.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Even tho- I really didn't enjoy this film, I still will be picking this movie up on release day as one of my reference DVD's.
It probally will only get a complete viewing on Pearl Harbor day only.
------------------

Michael*K

Screenwriter
...I can only assume you're lying, since you took some of that precious time out of your busy schedule to read through and post to a thread about "whatever they put on the upcoming disc(s)."
Originally opened this thread (at 1 a.m.---hardly a "busy" point in my schedule) to see if anyone was actually pumped about its release. Surprisingly enough, several (including you, I'm sure) are. Maybe I saw a different cut of the film.
wink.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a lot David for the info i also will be looking forward to that thread.
Cheers :)
------------------
wallsmallbladerunner5.jpg

"You've done a man's job sir. I guess you're through"

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Thanks for the update David.
I just read the DVD producers conference transcript over at the Digital Bits and it gave me a real appreciation for people like you and the work you do under such time constraints. I can understand that you would not be getting a good nights rest with the deadlines you need to meet.
Were you approached by Fox before BV, and is that why you are doing POTA first before Pearl Harbor even though Pearl Harbor was released back in May?
I am looking forward to the Pearl Harbor disc because I really liked the movie and especially since I don't have any David Prior produced DVD's in my collection. I want to see what all the fuss is about :)
[Edited last by Andy Kim on August 12, 2001 at 11:54 AM]

Mark E J

Second Unit
Does anyone know what the release date for the film is? I thought it was coming out on the week of the 60th anniversary of the attack but I saw a website that had it listed as coming out on the 18th.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally I had no interest in the Pearl Harbor disc, but I may be changing my mind. David Prior's work is always worth a look.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks