What's new

Peanuts Theatricals... (1 Viewer)

hey guys,
I just got my review copies in. I think Paramount did the best with what they had to work with -- there's a quite a bit of dirt in the BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN print -- but the aspect ratio is what I would question here.

After doing an A/B comparison with the old laserdisc on ABNCB, it seems that the film had to have been shot for 1.66. As such, the TOP portion of both DVDs seems too tight as framed at 1.85. There are various details in the animation -- like a picture hanging on the wall in the background, for example -- that you can't make out any longer with the 1.85 frame. :frowning: The bottom of the image seems roughly correct and the edges display a bit more information, but I still believe the picture is being over-matted here, and should have been framed at 1.66.

The good news is that A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN is indeed uncut with several minutes of footage that had been cut for TV (and the video releases) reinstated.

Still well worth picking up, but I do wish the aspect ratio was correct...judging from the loss of some details at the top of the image, it just does not seem properly balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks