What's new

Peanuts Theatricals... (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think snoopy come home was the first movie that made me cry.

i was just a little kid but it had a huge impact on me.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really want to see "Race for your Life Charlie Brown" on DVD.

Does anyone know what is causing the delay in getting these on DVD?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I just did a quick search (not done yet) of import Peanut titles available and found this review from DVDAnswers for a R4 Box Set release containing an odd packaging of Peanuts television specials...

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...&p=info&c=1349

What's most frustrating about this release, is that it seems Paramount are going and issuing episodes, specials and movies in every other region that R1 hasn't received yet!

For instance... "It Was A Very Short Summer, Charlie Brown", "It’s Magic, Charlie Brown" and "Snoopy's Reunion" are all included in this box set... however they're packaged together on discs with specials that are already out on DVD here and don't fit the theme at all... Like "Charlie Brown's Christmas", etc.

Why can't Paramount just release a COMPLETE box set of all the theatrical films and a seperate set of all the television specials from the late 60's to present day in chronological order?

I don't understand this hold up at all.

I really wish we could get this studio into an HTF chat!

:angry:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
There seems to be a legit R2 Japanese studio called Pony Canyon who released a series of 10 DVD's under the banner "Snoopy Best Collection"...

They also released "Snoopy The Musical".

The 10 disc collection features ALL the Peanuts television specials in chronological order along with bonus Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show TV episodes and episodes from the This Is America series.

You can get more info on exactly what's featured at their website:

http://kids.ponycanyon.co.jp/snoopy/

And this really belongs in the TV forum, but here are the Charlie Brown SPECIALS that have still yet to be released to R1 DVD (and ought to!):

I've highlighted the ones worth bringing to DVD, that hopefully see a release...

- IT WAS A SHORT SUMMER, CHARLIE BROWN (1969)

- PLAY IT AGAIN, CHARLIE BROWN (1971)

- IT'S A MYSTERY, CHARLIE BROWN (1974)

- YOU'RE A GOOD SPORT, CHARLIE BROWN (1975)

- WHAT A NIGHTMARE, CHARLIE BROWN (1978)

- YOU'RE THE GREATEST, CHARLIE BROWN (1979)

- LIFE IS A CIRCUS, CHARLIE BROWN (1980)

- SHE'S A GOOD SKATE, CHARLIE BROWN (1980)

- IT'S MAGIC, CHARLIE BROWN (1981)

- IS THIS GOODBYE, CHARLIE BROWN? (1983)

- IT'S FLASHBEAGLE, CHARLIE BROWN (1984)

- SNOOPY'S GETTING MARRIED, CHARLIE BROWN (1985)

- YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN (1985)

- HAPPY NEW YEAR, CHARLIE BROWN (1986)

- SNOOPY: THE MUSICAL (1988)

- WHY, CHARLIE BROWN, WHY? (1990)

- SNOOPY'S REUNION (1991)

- YOU'RE IN THE SUPERBOWL, CHARLIE BROWN (1994)

- IT WAS MY BEST BIRTHDAY EVER, CHARLIE BROWN (1997)

Vignettes, Clips Shows, Educational, Live-Action Specials, etc:

- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CHARLIE BROWN (1976)

- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLIE BROWN (1979)

- A CHARLIE BROWN CELEBRATION (1982)

- IT'S AN ADVENTURE, CHARLIE BROWN (1983)

- WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED CHARLIE BROWN (1983)

- IT'S YOUR 20TH TV ANNIVERSARY, CHARLIE BROWN (1985)

- IT'S THE GIRL IN THE RED TRUCK, CHARLIE BROWN (1988)

- IT'S FREEDOM, CHARLIE BROWN (1988)

- THE WRIGHT BROTHERS AT KITTY HAWK (1988)

- THE NASA SPACE STATION (1988)

- THE TRANSCONTINENTAL RAILROAD (1989)

- THE GREAT INVENTORS (1989)

- THE SMITHSONIAN AND THE PRESIDENCY (1989)

- THE MUSIC AND HEROES OF AMERICA (1989)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

Pretty please?

I will buy Peanuts on DVD, you have my promise, Paramount.

So how about an idea of WHEN these wonderful 'toons will be released?

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
What was the name of the Peanuts animated tv special about Linus befriending a girl with lukemia? I remember being choked up for the duration of that whole episode. I would love to own a box set of all Peanuts movies and specials.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
What's really bothering me about Paramount, is the AT THE VERY LEAST in past years, we had gotten announcements on individual Peanuts releases by now whereas this year they just seem to be neglecting the entire franchise altogether. We haven't seen a single dic since "I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown" came out over a full year ago and prior to that, all releases had inserts with news and promotion of upcoming dvd's. It seems like the studio doesnt even care anymore, and it's super frustrating considering the best films and tv specials havent even been issues yet! We have crap like the Pied Piper but are missing 99% of the classic Peanuts/Melendez productions. I just want to know why Paramount stopped putting in the effort... will we ever see another Peanuts release or is that it?? :angry:

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
There has got to be a legal issue holding these up. I know that does not make sense considering the 1/2 hour ones have been released.

Maybe a hold-up with the Schultz estate?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
But they haven't even gotten through 1/3 of the half hour ones yet... it's definitely NOT a legal issue.

These have been released in almost every other country and in every home video format to date. The Peanust VHS video catalogue is immense! They all made it to laserdisc as well! The UK has gotten a couple of the theaqtricals as have the Asian and I believe Australian markets. But Paramount is just showing little enthusiasm for getting these classics out on DVD. It's terrible...

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Marco,

off topic for a sec,

I'm confused by your signature...are you suggesting that actually *want* paramnout to use DVNR on the Betty Boop cartoons?!?

Back on topic,

I'm 100% with you that it's a shame we're STILL waiting for peanuts films on DVD...that apparently are showing up in other regions and have been on VHS for ages...

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Why is Paramount silent about the Peanuts Theatricals? Maybe the released 1/2 hour shows didn't do well?
Does anyone have contacts with Paramount that could give us the official reason?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
NO NO NO David!!

hehe, -DVNR... maybe I should just take that whole bit out so as not to confuse anybody!

:}

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Perhaps they need to be restored? You wouldn't want them coming to DVD looking like crap, would you?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, they should all be restored by now.

It's not as if Paramount has been putting in extensive efforts to bring us high def transfers of The Peanuts. All past releases have looked very good (save for the interlacing and DVNR on "I Want A Dog For Christmas" which made it extremely hard to watch) but they've not been of spectacular referance quality.

Plus other regions already have some of these titles on DVD so new masters do exist. They must have been restored... they're just not releasing them to the public for some reason, or at least not announcing it and not moving nearly fast enough!

Are we supposed to seriously wait for one single Peanut release every other year?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Dear Paramount:

I have some money that I don't really want to keep around. I'd love for you to have it. Release the Peanuts films, and I think we can work something out.

Please oh please please please.

Now I've got the song from Snoopy Come Home in my head and it won't leave. It makes me want to go pet my dog until she gets tired of me being around.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
CHARLIE BROWN, WHERE ARE YOU???

Paramount... WHY?

Have the current discs not sold well?

Why are you holding back the Peanut catalogue??

What about "The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show"?

What about the rest of the 60's/70's/(early)80's TV specials??

Why are we the only country to have not seen a single DVD release of the classic and beloved Peanut theatrical features??

Why are you just sitting on this franchise??

GIVE US SOMETHING!!!

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
I want more Charlie Brown dammnit!!! Give it some extras and make it affordable unlike the holiday collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks