What's new

PC and Videogame Wrapup for 8/10 to 8/16 (1 Viewer)

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
The Circuit City 2 for $30 (Platinum and Greatest Hits) promotion is only for the eight advertised titles, or at least that's how my store interprets it.

Roy C.

Second Unit
Guys just saw all these titles at my local Costco warehouse and thought I'd ask if the price is right. BTW, they were all labeled $12.38 and 90% for the GC!! Does any one stand out as a good buy?

4x4 Evo 2
Rayman Arena
Tiger Woods PGA Golf 2003
Top Gun
Tarzan Untamed
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Wreckless
Zoocube
Darken Skye
Crazy Taxi
Swinger Golf
NHL Hitz 2003
NHL 2003
NFL Blitz 2003
Madden 2003
NBA Live 2003
NBA Street
MLB Slugfest 2003NCAA Football 2003
2002 FIFA Wold Cup Soccer
Knockout Kings
Worms Blast
Rocky
Fireblade
Driven
18 Wheeler
Tube Slider
Kelly Slater Surfer
Batman: Vengeance
XG3 Racing
Star Wars Rogue Leader
FIFA 2002
Monsters Inc.
Pac World 2
Lost Kingdoms
Casper Spirit
Ty - Tasmanian Tiger

Thanks,
Roy C.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
Ken (or anyone who knows)
-You mentioned $5 coupon off platnium hits at BB, what coupon are you refering to? I'd like to pick up DOA3 at that pricepoint.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Allen
-I was wondering if that was what Ken was referencing, I just wanted to double check. Is there a limit you need to spend on the gamer gift card?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Actually... I think there was that little Mini-magazine at Best Buy that had the coupon that had $5 off a platinum hit title. I may be wrong though.

As for the gamer gift card, those give you $5 off a game that is priced $19.99 or more.

If Kingdom Hearts is on the list, I'll be picking that one up.

Edit: If you look at EBgames site, they have the Platinum hits picture for Kingdom Hearts, but the old $49.99 price point. Should be dropping pretty soon.

Glen

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Glen,

It is the Best Buy and GamePro Summer Buyer's Guide. It has Soul Calibeur II, True Crime and Michael Vick on the front cover. There are several coupons inside, including $5 off Xbox Platinum Hits titles. It has been out since early July, IIRC.

I have picked one up each time I've gone in lately, so all of my Xbox Platinum titles will be $14.99 for the rest of the year! ;)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Roy, there are several excellent games in that list, sounds like Costco would be a great place to stop for someone who has just gotten a Gamecube. I'd recommend the following from the list, others may recommend additional/different games, and of course your own taste will dictate what you decide to buy:

Tiger Woods 2003 (note: Tiger Woods 2004 is apparently available for $19.99)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Any of the baseball/football/hockey/soccer games, they're all pretty good (note: the Hitz/Blizt/Slugfest games are more arcade-type games, check the back of the boxes and you'll see what I mean. Still lots of fun)
Knockout Kings
Rocky
Star Wars Rogue Leader

I guess if I could only get one game from the picks above I'd go with Madden 2003. Star Wars Rogue Leader would be next.

Some other fun/guilty pleasure games from the main list:

Crazy Taxi (port of one of my favorite Dreamcast games)
18 Wheeler (short but fun arcade game driving a big rig)
XG3 Racing (very cool futuristic racing game)

Have fun!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Roy,

If I didn't already have most of these I would look at the following ones.

Tiger Woods, 007, Swingerz Golf, Madden 2003, NCAA 2003, Kelly Slater, Rogue Leader, Lost Kingdoms

Tiger is a great golf game and a good deal of fun.

007 is well, FPS fun.

Swingerz is a good arcadey golf game in the style of Hot Shots Golf.

Madden and NCAA are both very good pro and college football sims.

Kelly Slater is like Tony Hawk on water. I really enjoyed this game on the PS2 when I had a chance to play it.

Rogue Leader is a challenging but very fun Star Wars flight
game.

Lost Kingdoms is one that I've been looking to pick up. It seems like an interesting card-based RPG.

Glen

Roy C.

Second Unit
Glen and John,

thanks guys for your input. That was exactly what I was looking for!!! I wanted to start buying some inexpensive games that I could play with my 7-year-old son since I just got him the Cube. Of course, I play as well but I like the driving games and he likes the sports more, not that Mario is a slouch... Anyway, I will definitely take your thoughts into account.

Glen, I really appreciate the time and efforts you put into this thread. It is well received and an invaluable source of information.

Have a nice day!

Roy C.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Larry,

I heard that today. I'm going to be picking it up once it hits that price point. I'm just hoping that I can get the original packaging instead of the Greatest Hits ones. I'm just crazy that way. :)

Glen

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I, for one, can't wait for a discounted Sly Cooper. I have had no luck on eBay with this title. Does anyone know when the new price will go into effect? I want to get hold of an original copy (like Glen, I'm not fond of the red GH banner either. Unfortunately, there's no way to get around that for VF4: Evolution :frowning: )

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so is best buy putting this out at noon wed?

i thought thats what i saw in their add.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
FYI, when you purchase Madden 2004 at Target, you get a free "Snack Pack" which includes 2 2-liter Pepsi products and a bag of Cheetos.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i ask because the add i saw in best buy(i forgot to actually ask when i was in there) said pick it up
after noon. or something like it will be avaailable
after noon on wed.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I would guess that EB already has Madden on it's shelves. Best Buy, Target, and Circuit City shouldn't be much later than today. Of course this all depends on how far the stores are from their distribution centers, etc.

Glen

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I can't speak for other locations, but I saw copies of Madden 2004 for all three gaming consoles yesterday at BEST BUY (this was in Dublin, OH). My guess is that the other central OH locations have also received their copies.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Well, DOA 3 for the Xbox has hit Platinum Hits price at EB.

Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 has been confirmed for Greatest Hits, but no word yet on when it will drop in price.

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks