What's new

PB10-ISD is Shipping!! (1 Viewer)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
My SVS already arrived (16-46). Check the size everyone and smile! No receiver or speakers to go along with this bad boy yet. Denon 2910 coming in mail in a few days (from crutchfield).

-ELmO:star:

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Goodness! What's that water heater doing in your living room! :D

Looks like the makings of a real nice setup!

jephdood

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I know of at least one person (on another forum) who's received theirs. Anybody else? Pics!! :emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I know of at least one person (on another forum) who's received theirs.
__________________________________________________ ___

I think I know the Thread your speaking of and he seems very impressed with it so far. Night and day performance difference over his last sub.

UPS Ground shipping to the West coast takes a full 6-7 days. When I purchased my PB12-Ultra/2 it only took 2 days on account of Bax air freight and I live close to one of their facilities. It was quite odd driving up to the terminal and seeing a 737 Boeing sitting in the parking-lot:)

Hey elMalloc! Good bass being one of the corner-stones to any good HT, it strikes the funny bone that you actually have your sub prior to your receiver and speakers:) I'd say that your a true bass-SVS fan for sure. A crappy sub will tear the whole system down wont it? Great pic and Congrats! I'm looking forward to the ability to post pics here soon myself

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I got my PB10 on Tuesday. Let me just sum up my impressions:

WOW

First off, it is bigger than I expected. I hear that a lot with SVS, but even with the dimensions known, it just seemed bigger. But, that being said, it fits in nicely in my living room and I didn't hear a peep out of my wife when she saw it. I was expecting some kind of comment, but she said it looked nice (I got the white one for her). The enclosure looks great - the white surface is somewhat smooth and looks great with our decor.

The first thing I did was put it in the corner, hook it up, and put in Titan AE (the ice field track). And again I say: wow. This was the first time I actually _felt_ real bass in my home. I really wasn't prepared to feel it in my chest and feel it rustle my clothes. My wife was there too and she was totally surprised. "That's better than in the theater" she said.

I still have to mess around with the placement and configuration - but that will come in time.

I'm sorry but you won't be hearing any discussion about impulse response decay time or Helmholtz resonators from me. I'm a relative newbie to the HT scene. I'll just say this is a fantastic sub, worth every penny I paid, and perfect for my tastes, listening habits and wallet. And the WAF is way up too.

Anyone want to buy a Yamaha sub? ;)

Brandon

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
My PB10-ISD showed up yesterday double boxed along with other protective measures in perfect shape. One very nice unit I must say. I think this is the best packaging I have seen from SVS?

>>>I'm sorry but you won't be hearing any discussion about impulse response decay time or Helmholtz resonators from me.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
After corner loading the PB10-ISD in the RF corner where the PB12-Ultra/2 sat and recalibrating.>(corner 1) I need to reiterate what a sub the PB10-ISD is for the $$. I have been watching the disk DAREDEVIL and am quite impressed. The PB10-ISD definitely exhibits the slam factor and at no sacrifice to sound. Plenty of extension to boot!

A correction to my last post/opinion would include bumping up the 2000^ HT to maybe something around 3000^? Especially if it's closed off. No it wont be a reference rig but at average listening -12 to -25 it will do a hell of a job for the $$ imo. My HT is a leaky 2880^ and it still does incredibly well.

Brandon> What size room are you in? And congrats on your new sub! It's a doozy alright.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

With how good this sub is, that's something I don't think has been mentioned enough. We're hearing of (questionably audible) panel decay, flat FRs, THD, etc. As one of the lucky few who got to hear this thing early, you cannot say enough about how good it is for the money. I actually feel kinda' bad that when I ran a demo of it we compared it to the PB12-Ultra/2. To use a bad analogy, that was like asking the high school valedictorian to compete with Einstein in a math contest. Even so, everyone recognized how good it is.

-Robb

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
To use a bad analogy, that was like asking the high school valedictorian to compete with Einstein in a math contest. Even so, everyone recognized how good it is.
__________________________________________________ ___

Couldn't agree with you more Robb except to say I am very surprised at just how well the "high school valedictorian" can do. After moving the PB10-ISD to my regular RF listening corner, I was literally floored at it's performance. No hype on my part I assure you.

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator

My living room is oddly shaped and ~2800^ with one wall opening into a kitchen and a large open area. So it's got three closed walls one very open wall.

I don't usually listen to my system at reference levels, though. So this "little" guy is perfect for me.

I was trying it out last night - at very low levels (my daughter was sleeping) and my wife yelled at me from two rooms over, thinking that someone was pounding on the walls or the front door.

I think I'll have to look into programming my remote (MX-500) to have two macro keys to raise or lower the sub output. So I won't get yelled at quite so often. :D

Brandon

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Exactly. This is the only area IMO where the PB10-ISD gives up anything to its larger brothers, and that is quite simply implied at this price point and driver size.

Two of these would equal/exceed a 20-39PC+, and four of them would be a real dragon slayer. ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I don't usually listen to my system at reference levels, though. So this "little" guy is perfect for me.
__________________________________________________ ____

Your in the same size room as I am Brandon. When I initially loaded the sub, I placed it in a corner that I generally don't use and am not real familiar with. After placing it in my regular RF corner, that is when I was hit by just how capable of a sub the PB10-ISD is. I don't know how SVS got this kind of performance out of a 10" driver but I'm not complaining.

Robb I think after loading the PB10-ISD in the same corner as the PB12-Ultra/2, I can understand where your coming from in comparing at reg listening levels.

I don't get this panel decay talk though?

>>>We're hearing of (questionably audible) panel decay, flat FRs, THD, etc.

Bertrand-R

Agent

Hi Brandon,
I presently own a 12 year old yst sw100 (2 x 7 inches) and i almost orderd a PB10-ISD before the closing time but WAF stopped me.
Do you think i would notice a big difference?
With the canadian dollar going up i might buy a PB10-ISD sooner that i tought.

Bert
;)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The PB-10 will make your SW100 sound like a toy. I used to own a YST-SW500 and even my VTF-2 blew it out of the water.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
And this sucker's replacing a 10 year old 50W Yamaha sub. I think it's going to be quite a difference.
__________________________________________________ _____

No doubt about it. I see no reason why not to consider the new PB10-ISD the best little big boy on the block.

Eds summarization fits to the T imo.

>>>Exactly. This is the only area IMO where the PB10-ISD gives up anything to its larger brothers, and that is quite simply implied at this price point and driver size.

Two of these would equal/exceed a 20-39PC+, and four of them would be a real dragon slayer.

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Steve,

I am very interested in your numbers as I recently ordered one of these for my dad. Ed's usual outstanding, thorough, objective review convinced me to pull the trigger. My dad's only reservation about the upgrade was that he wanted it to be a noticeable upgrade from his KLH. :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
My dad's only reservation about the upgrade was that he wanted it to be a noticeable upgrade from his KLH.
__________________________________________________ ____

Night and day Eric. Please don't give it a second thought. The separation distance between the two warrant that neither be brought up in the same sentence respectfully.

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed. I almost started laughing when he said it better be noticeable. Because of my dual Ultras, my wife has given up on straightening the pictures on the walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks