What's new

Paypal cookies? (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I have IE warn me whenever cookies are being requested and it seems like I get a warning for paypal creating one whenever I switch among the different forums.

Just wondering why and if others see this or maybe I have some virus?

Thanks

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I get them occasionally, usually just at dvdpricesearch.com but that's because I normally use Netscape, except for a weekly foray to the other site or if a site will only work with IE. I just tried this site through IE, and I did get one. I don't remember how I have the Netscape security set regarding cookies, but I like it because it blocks popups, which are still a problem for me with IE.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Phil:

You say that you get a warning from IE that a cookie for PayPal is trying to go your computer when you go from one forum to the next? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Parker

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Yes Parker. That's what I meant. Haven't cleared my cache, I will try that. I've never had a paypal account and I've seen this on both my desktop and laptop machines. I wouldn't think HTF would set that kind of cookie, but I'm not sure how it would get triggered going to a page not associated with them. And I've only seen it in navigation to or from HTF.

BTW, what does the bold yellow arrow next to thread mean, with no read or reply counts showing up? I though maybe this was something off topic I shouldn't have posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks