What's new

Paul Davis dies (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Paul Davis died following a heart attack yesterday. Probably not a lot of love in these parts for him, but I dug the songs I know. Cool Night, I Go Crazy, Sweet Life. Spin 'em up for Paul if you've got 'em.

Al Wilson, who was from the same city, died the day before. How weird is that?

AlDav1970

Auditioning
Real Name
Albert Davenport
OK, this is weird. I just was listening to some of his songs last week. I was surprised how much I enjoyed them. Peace.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The news anchor for one of our local TV stations was named Paul Davis. We used to have to clarify which Paul Davis we were referring to when talking about his song - I Go Crazy.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Wow, he died a day after his 60th birthday. For some reason I didn't picture him being that old, but considering when he had his big hits, it makes sense. He apparently retired from making records while still in his 30s.

I suspect he's an artist who many people may not know his name, but they know some of his work.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
one thing I always admired about him is that he retired right as he had his huge pop breakthrough. It was like he saw, he conquered, and the moment it wasn't fun anymore, he bowed out. As opposed to chugging along without heart like some older artists who are still here because of the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks