What's new

Patty Duke pre-order from Amazon (1 Viewer)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I just got the link from Amazon to order. It is expensive at $40. but worth it. I have a question, Amazon list it as 6 disks in color? Is that a mistake? It has to be in B&W right??

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have noticed that Amazon does not offer a really decent discount on these preorders like they used to. I usually wait for them to be on sale.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Early information on Amazon is notoriously unreliable. I doubt these will only be offered in colorized versions -- they better not be!

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas
It wouldn't be the first time that would be unreliable. We'll wait and see.
Edited by sestamuch - 7/3/2009 at 06:04 am GMT

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Who wouldn't want a colorized version of the series?

Just kidding. It has to be a mistake. Let's hope so. :emoji_thumbsup:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I stopped ordering from Amazon when they started charging tax. I now get all of my DVDs from Deep Discount. And with them you don't have to crack $25 for free shipping.

randyrandy

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
The cheapest I've seen it listed so far is $31 with shipping at Buy.com. Let's hope it goes lower before the release date.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Randy
----------------------
Patty Duke Photo Group
Patty_Duke_Photo_Group : Photos of actress Patty Duke

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I have a feeling that the price will come down towards the time of release art Amazon (it has before). Also, I never heard of any colorization job being done to the show so I am sure the shows will be black and white.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I certainly will be ordering "The Patty Duke Show" since I have many fond memories of this sitcom!!!!!
Edited by Greg2356 - 7/2/2009 at 06:08 am GMT

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'll buy it at some point, but I'm not paying $40 or anything close to that price for it. I figure a small amount of patience will allow me to score this upcoming set at $25.00 or less. I may have to wait a month or two after the release date to get that price, but I guarantee you I'll find it for that amount before the year is up.

Gary "interesting new forum setup" O.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I agree, I will be ordering this show that's for sure, but not for the price of $40.00. Hopefully, Deep Discount will come through soon with a Good Price for this Product!

Real Name
Joe
I preorder from Amazon even if the price seems high, but am carful to place only that particular item in the order. I have found that lumping items in an order can get quite messy, especially when trying to cancel. Found out about that the hard way.

But that way if the price is temporarily reduced before it is released, I'm still assured of the lowest price they offered for it. If I'm pretty sure it's still too high, I can always cancel. Generally, I try to keep track of prices at both Amazon and Deep Discount. As for the tax thing, it depends on where you live I guess because they still don't charge me tax unless it's from an outside seller. I live in California by the way. Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the order availability.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I had pre-ordered The Second Season of "The Donna Reed Show" from Amazon many months ago and the price was Free! You see, there was a special deal on an Amazon Credit Card that I had been approved for on the spot while I was pre-ordering this Second Season of "The Donna Reed Show". And when you payed for your first item with this particular credit card they would reimburse you the money on your next statement, but only for the first item you had purchased on this particular credit card.

Of course, I ended up changing the shipping method later on from Standard Shipping to Priority Shipping because I want to receive my Donna Reed Show DVD's faster when it is finally released! So I guess I will have to pay a few dollars for this extra shipping charge! But that is fine with me!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.