What's new

Patriot on APEX players (1 Viewer)

david_shuff

Auditioning
Like many who own APEX DVD players, I found that The Patriot will not play correctly on my AD-600A, because of the security coding. My question is, has anyone been able to play the new SUPERBIT version of The Patriot? I'd like to know before I go and drop the cash for it.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Well, hopefully somebody with an actual answer will respond soon, but I didn't have a problem with the original disc in my 600A, but I only rented it once, when it first came out. I have a friend with the superbit version, so maybe I can borrow it from him and check it out for you, but I don't know if I'll see him for a few days. Maybe somebody will give you a better answer before then.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Well I have an Apex AD-1500 and the Patriot played fine and dandy all 7 times I watched it on the player. I don't own the Superbit version, so I can't say how it works. I never once had a problem playing any disc I put in my player, and I watched like 175 DVDs on it.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The 600-A is an extremely fickle (and frustrating)machine. It is to DVD playback what the Panasonic DMR-E20 is to recording. Some 2.35:1 or 1.85:1 titles come out squeezed with an improper ratio, which cannot be adjusted. With other titles (many Columbia DVD's such as STUART LITTLE and SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER you can't even navigate to the movie. On many discs, you can see a 1-frame digital breakup intermittently throughout the film as one shot changes to the next. You definitely pay big time for the ability to play multi-region discs. I have a more recent model of Apex which does not have these issues.

david_shuff

Auditioning
All I can tell you is that I have found the 600-A to be a almost flawless machine with great picture and audio, its only problem being that it sometimes has problems with branching versions of films. The Patriot is the only non-branching DVD it has had a problem with, I believe because it was one of the first discs to use a type of security coding, the name of which I can't remember. I am hoping that that particular feature isn't on the Superbit discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks