What's new

Parks & Recreation - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What a grave and unforgivable error, Josh! I'm glad you caught it in time! Triple X-rated simply sells Brandi short.

EDIT: Brandi with an 'i', because as How I Met Your Mother detailed, names are much sluttier with an 'i' instead of a 'y'.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by joshEH
I'm sure everyone noticed that different thing they did with her hair? She looked hot. Long term, it's kind of a weird choice for the character if they keep doing it, like making Michael Scott sexy, or something. Or, have we come so far from the initial "Michael Scott"-esque conception of the character that that's just been forgotten?

You DID catch that she did her hair to match the painting?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Lee
You DID catch that she did her hair to match the painting?

Right, that's what I meant, there -- that they "sexied" Leslie up in real life to match her "empowered" emotional state after seeing Jerry's work.

Also, rewatching this one again, I was digging the hell out of the "Ya Heard? with Perd" sequences, because it's funny to see what amounts to a real-life cable access show acting as one of the biggest pulpits in Pawnee.

Perd is hilarious, because WHAT IS WITH THAT NAME? I think that nearly every major TV market has some guy with a crazy, psuedo-homespun name. In the D.C. area, it's "Topper Schutt." I think I saw a weatherman on a local L.A. station once named "Flip Spiceland."
Also, Perd has obviously seen Wayne Brady on TV, and said, "Okay, I don't need to be THAT confrontational."

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Another brilliant episode! I don't know how the writers are able to consistently top themselves, but it seems like they're doing it every week. This show is just too damn good.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
April pretending to order 40 dozen inflatable saxophones and "gangsta" fedoras = Callback to one "Duke Silver" = Me dying with laughter.

b048be3d_ron-swanson-duke-silverjpg-fb60d1309242885d_large.jpg

I can't decide on a favorite moment from last night's episode. Maybe April grabbing the scissors, or just Ron's overall disheveled appearance as his impending "party" approached.

I was quite moved by the final reveal of Ron's birthday party. A wordless moment of a variety of meats, liquor, and exploding bridges. Is there anything more perfect?

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
This is a show that is firing on all cylinders. Between this and Rajiv's wedding on "Outsourced" it was a good night on NBC.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Loved Andy's reaction to Tom's "diss" towards Billy Drago. (SHOVE IT!) April putting her arm up to try to contain Andy's excitement was perfect.

Also, looks like Pawnee's very own "Shelbyville" is finally rearing its snooty head.

And Tom's reaction-shots to the food buffet at the Eagleton town hall meeting was all sorts of awesome-sauce. We need more rivalry with the absurdly-wealthy Eagleton. When their officers rolled up on a fleet of Segways, I almost died.

Seeing April having fun with something as wholesome as a whiffle ball game was very cute, and a nice passing glance at how much the character has developed. Although why they were using actual baseball sound effects confounds me.

"And a bounce-house. Did you know they make adult-sized versions?"

"...yes..."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by joshEH /forum/thread/308050/parks-recreation-season-3/60#post_3808663
Loved Andy's reaction to Tom's "diss" towards Billy Drago. (SHOVE IT!) April putting her arm up to try to contain Andy's excitement was perfect.

Also, looks like Pawnee's very own "Shelbyville" is finally rearing its snooty head.

And Tom's reaction-shots to the food buffet at the Eagleton town hall meeting was all sorts of awesome-sauce. We need more rivalry with the absurdly-wealthy Eagleton. When their officers rolled up on a fleet of Segways, I almost died.

Seeing April having fun with something as wholesome as a whiffle ball game was very cute, and a nice passing glance at how much the character has developed. Although why they were using actual baseball sound effects confounds me.

"And a bounce-house. Did you know they make adult-sized versions?"

"...yes..."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
OK, I guess you can't quote people and also type your thoughts about that post anymore.

Anyway, with regards to Josh wondering about the baseball SFX. I thought they were playing softball (due to April's underhand pitch).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR
OK, I guess you can't quote people and also type your thoughts about that post anymore.
On the blue bar along the top, hit "My Profile". Just to the left of the "Public Messages" box is a little gray button that says "Edit Account Details." Click on it, and scroll down to "Site Preferences". Under Preferred Editor Type, select BB Code Editor. It should make it easier to quote again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks