What's new

Parks and Recreation - Season 6 (NBC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
tumblr_lt1ozwUaoK1r3hokqo3_250.gif

tumblr_lt1ozwUaoK1r3hokqo7_250.gif

tumblr_lt1ozwUaoK1r3hokqo5_250.gif

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Donna asking Ron if he had a permit to hunt at night, followed by them laughing into the woods with Donna's "I don't give a "? So much greatness.

It did suck getting the Halloween stuff late, but Ben and Leslie being the Dread Pirate Roberts and Princess Buttercup was pretty damn outstanding.

After Ron put in his high-score initials, I kinda wanted the scoreboard to come up and show that every other high-scorer was already "ASS."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
A great pair of episodes last night. Gonna be hard to wait til January for more. Also, how is it Leslie is out of a job? She was recalled from office, yes, but isn't she still a Parks & Rec employee?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I was under the impression that she was still an employee of the parks department too. There was a scene last year with her and Ron saying that she'd be able to do both gigs.

EDIT: Have we've seen her working in her parks office this season? I think we've only seen her in her city council office. Maybe it was supposed to be understood or was established in a deleted scene that she's no longer a parks department employee.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Not enough Hahn. Never enough.

I didn't care much for some of the plotlines, but there was some damn funny character-stuff throughout.

I don't think the show will ever do another election season, but I could see the finale ending with Leslie announcing a Senate bid, or something. Till then, I hope they go back to some less-political storylines. I think my all-time favorite arc on the show was the Fall Festival, and I'd like to see them find something similar to do again.

Similarly, I hope they stop leaning so hard on Entrepreneur Tommy, and give him some more personal storylines. But, I'm just using that as an excuse to get more Natalie Morales and/or Tatiana Maslany on TV.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also:"...Just as soon as I know anything from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack."I haven't laughed that hard in I can't remember how long. Adam Scott's delivery of that line had me howling.

Easily the winner of the Most-Inappropriate Line This Season™ Award.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
They throw so much stuff into these episodes...

[*]"I do not like French words, but I do like business. You may continue."
[*]
"A shockingly-unshocking press conference, in which a recently unemployed woman said nothing of importance. This is Perd Hapley, and I just realized I am not holding my microphone."
[*]
"Enrique Shockwave, Willie Dynamite, Lee Harvey Teabag..... Lt. Wilhelm von Penis....Ben Berspanke...and Anthony Weiner."
[*]
"Tex-Mexting"
[/list]

Also, when Kathryn Hahn was talking about sleeping with her former high school English teacher, she says, "The sex was pretty good, thanks to me."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The entire press conference was the highlight of the episode, but the Tex-Mexting had me howling.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great episode last night, although I feel like I missed a few episodes (which I didn't) which would explain how and when Chris and Anne fell in love. That storyline seems very rushed in order to have them depart the show in February.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
"R-E-S-P-E-G-C by Urethra Franklin"
That was a great gag.

Sam Favate said:
...I feel like I missed a few episodes (which I didn't) which would explain how and when Chris and Anne fell in love. That storyline seems very rushed in order to have them depart the show in February.
Yeah it does. I think Rashida Jones might not have been in one or two episodes early this year as well which probably added to that feeling.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hate to see them go but they gave Ann and Chris an excellent send off. It was just the right mixture of bittersweet and comedy so it wasn't too sad. All the goodbyes amongst the characters were great. I liked that they went back to the story about Lot 47 behind Ann's house since it was the beginning of the series.

It was hilarious that Andy seems to have basically forgotten that he had dated Ann.

Pistol Pete and Orrin return!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Amy Poehler was terrific in last night's episode; she was about the only one I thought who showed genuine emotion at Anne and Chris leaving town (and the show). Ron was great too, in his own stoic way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks