What's new

Parking for the handicapped.. (1 Viewer)

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator
There is a parking space for the handicapped right in front of the library. A co-worker of mine is parked in the spot even though she is not handicapped..but she has a handicapped placard (i believe for when she carts her mother around). I asked her to move her car..it has been about 1 hour and she has not moved it.

This crap pisses me off...i get very irritated when people who are not handicapped, but happen to have a placard for some reason or another, use the handicap spot..justifying their use of the spot by the placard they have hanging.

I'm about ready to ask her if she wants me to make her handicapped so then she can use the space.

Does this piss anyone else off??

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator

wow..i've posted this on multiple message boards and you are the only one who doesn't feel like i do...

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
The placard does not belong to her. It belongs to her mother, and she is not entitled to use it unless she is "carting her mother around". The legal niceties probably vary from state to state.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Well, I guess it does matter for me... I'd have to break up the arguments in the parking lot at my job.

But, there's no real solution for this. There's always going to be a person who's selfish and uses an unfair advantage in life...

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
So if you are not black then racism doesn't bother you? Just because a certain situation doesn't directly affect you means you don't care about it?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
1. The placard needs to be abandoned. Anybody can get one regardless of medical qualifications.

2. There needs to be a serious penalty for illegal handicap parking. Such as $1000 fine.

3. Police need to enforce parking. which they will not do until #2 happens.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Well, racism is a bit different than that. A loss of a parking space is a lot less hurtful than life-long name calling.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can't say it pisses me off (certainly wouldn't prompt me to post about it here or anywhere else), but yes, it's definitely inconsiderate.

If you are intent on doing something about this, let the next patrol cop or meter person you see on the street know about this unfortunate habbit.

If you're truly intent on sending a lesson, tag her car with a huge "SHAME ON YOU" or something. I am not responsible for any consequences arising from following this advice.

--
H

trump29

Grip
Real Name
Jake
Handicapped people aren't a burden on society... FDR was cool, and he was a crapple!

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I for one think there are too many handicap spots in this world. Usually, they are empty. I won't park in one, but I really don't care who does.

So do you have a fit when someone who is not, uses the handicapped crapper?

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks