What's new

Paris Hilton CD - A great Review! (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Funny as hell. I hope you don't mind Grant but I shared your link on a gaming site for some laughs there too

Wish I wrote it but I didn't and if it prevents one poor soul from wasting their hard earned money on that cd, then my work is done here!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am by no means a Paris Hilton fan, but I would laugh if she winds up a huge music star and in 20 years she still has a career. I mean, who thought Madonna would still be around in 1985? yet she totally silenced all the critics and grew, I am sure it won't happen but you never know, same might happen with Paris Hilton considering everyone is so willing to put her down

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I would laugh if she winds up a huge music star

I would cry, thank God my hearing is going.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Grant, after seeing her in the movies, it's easy to predict she won't be a big star, will never have to lug an Oscar home, and most lkely will have a short career based mostly on mammarial appeal.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Like she really cares ;)

Hell, if I had all that money and time, I'd do whatever I wanted and wouldn't care about the consequences.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

What consequences? Money for nothin'...? ...and your _____ for free.... ? What dire straits??? Consequences, indeed.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm not saying you, but I think a lot of people are assuming she's trying to become a pop-star. I doubt it. I can't imagine she'd be all that crushed if she never stepped into a recording studio ever again.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Who says mammarial has to mean big? ;) Small breasts can have mammarial appeal and with Paris, I wouldn't complain. :D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Aidin Vaziri, the writer of that review is a pretty incredible writer. I once read a 'letter to the editor" about a review of a concert that said basically, After reading his review, I got so excited I wanted to be at that concert. This was from a 70 year old women.
This review of Jerry Lee Lewis makes you want to un out and buy it today (which I will be doing in a few minutes)
Grant

JERRY LEE LEWIS

As if growing old didn't already present enough problems -- like hearing loss, poor eyesight and impaired driving ability -- septuagenarian musicians now have to worry about getting stuck in the studio with a bunch of strangers who smell of leather and hair gel. When arrangements were made for Jerry Lee Lewis to record a 21-track album with guests such as Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, B.B. King and Eric Clapton, his natural reaction was, "I don't need all these people." Of course, he was right. What good is it going to do him to win 18 Grammys and become a billionaire at this point in his life? So Lewis uses "Last Man Standing" as an excuse to stomp all over his duet partners, much like he has done to countless pianos, bottles and wives. Neil Young gets a good whacking on "You Don't Have To," Jimmy Page stands by as Lewis turns in a version of Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" that's even filthier than the original and, facing off with Little Richard on "I Saw Her Standing There," the pair manage to successfully re-create the sound of the Berlin Wall coming down. The best part is the battle-scarred old coot is still a pistol. Unlike Johnny Cash, he hasn't really had time to digest any of life's hard lessons, so there are no half-dead reflections on train rides and lost relationships. Instead, the man who once married his 13-year-old second cousin rattles off crazy one-liners and kicks his instrument for good measure while duetting with Ringo Starr on "Sweet Little 16." If only the album would have been cut in half (goodbye Kid Rock, Don Henley and Toby Keith) -- it would have been twice as good. -- Aidin Vaziri

JERRY LEE LEWIS

LAST MAN STANDING

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Not as good as Miss Hilton's review but

KEVIN FEDERLINE

If we reviewed this CD, we would have to acknowledge that Kevin Federline is a legitimate artist and not just some former backup dancer with a penchant for cigarettes and strippers who bum-lucked his way into marrying Britney Spears and making her babies. We would also have to pretend to forget all the other milquetoast rappers that came before him -- Vanilla Ice, Snow, 3rd Bass, Ugly Duckling, House of Pain -- and listen with open ears. And, finally, we would have to sit through songs like "America's Most Hated" and "Lose Control" (which inexplicably includes the lyrics "This is that hip-hop flava with a little rock 'n' roll") without losing our breakfast. There is no way any of that is going to happen.

-- Aidin Vaziri

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
what a loss to the music industry, ROFL!!!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a4...ord-label.html

Hilton to be dropped by record label

Saturday, March 10 2007, 14:16 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

Paris Hilton is to be dropped by her record label within the next few weeks.

According to a report in the Daily Star today, Warner Music have not yet told the Simple Life star that they do not wish to work with her for a second album, but believe that Hilton will accept the decision as she has "lost interest" in her pop career.

A source told the newspaper: "Paris will be dropped in a matter of moments. She's totally lost interest in the project and in all honesty, her label feel very much the same."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks