What's new

PARASITIC (TRAILER) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
DREAD CENTRAL: If you like wormy monsters, zombies, practical special effects, and hot babes in your horror movies then you'll want to watch the trailer for the new creature feature Parasitic and see what happens when a nightclub gets infected by an infectious space parasite that turns its victims into zombies.

After a strange meteor destroys a communications satellite and crashes into Tampa Bay, a sickly looking fish finds itself the meal of a beautiful nightclub bartender named Val. Moments later, as the bar is closed and locked tight, the infected Val becomes ill and all Hell breaks loose. Hidden from the others, the parasite she has unknowingly eaten rapidly grows, bursting from her throat and becoming the puppet master for the chaos ahead. With no possible way to reach help or escape, the trapped club-goers must fight to survive and plan to destroy the creature before it is let loose into the world.

The ambitious low budget sci-fi horror is the creation of writer/director Timothy Martin, who has extensive experience with special makeup and creature effects from his work at Stan Winston Studio and Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc. That experience clearly pays off as you're guaranteed to take notice of how high quality the practical make-up and prosthetic effects work is in this teaser trailer for Parasitic. Look for it on the festival circuit soon.

You can find more production stills from Parasitic at Undead Backbrain. Thanks to Avery Guerra for the tip.

imgrepo

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Don't know how all this happened. The opening post duplicated my text twice, when I tried to clear it and reinstate it, it double posted instead. When I tried to fix that, I got a third post. I already tried to submit this explanation, and got a connection error message . . .

Looks like Skynet is on the rise!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
God, I hate computers!

Can I get a moderator to delete these two unnecessary posts?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Check out the opening post again, I added the poster and some monster photos of the alien parasite!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Yeah, I'm gonna keep some serious tabs on this one! This looks like something straight out of the 80s, when monster movies had really cool effects and weren't afraid to put some serious T&A in with them. Roger Corman, anyone? Hopes this makes a really hasty departure to the DVD front. And, besides parasite horror flicks creep me right the fuck out. Anything where there's a foreign organism inside your body making a mess out of it, sickens me, yet attracts me at the same time.

CABIN FEVER, remember that one? When the shit started to hit the fan, I was literally so freaked out, I had to leave the theater. I now own it on DVD, and will have to, someday, upgrade to that blu-ray director's cut that's out. I still get bothered by it when I put it on.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Yeah - Cabin Fever is a hard one to watch and not squirm. Slither might be another good example...

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by SWFF

Yeah, I'm gonna keep some serious tabs on this one! This looks like something straight out of the 80s, when monster movies had really cool effects and weren't afraid to put some serious T&A in with them. Roger Corman, anyone?

This is exactly what the past 2 decades of rated R films have been missing. So glad to see it making a come back.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristopherG
Yeah - Cabin Fever is a hard one to watch and not squirm. Slither might be another good example...

Oddly, I don't have a problem with SLITHER, just watched it a couple of nights ago, but CABIN FEVER . . . that, my friend, is a whole other ball game. I remember walking out of the theater at the point where Ryder Strong beat his would-have-been-girlfriend to death after he discovers her face has been eaten off by the disease. I headed into the bathroom, all freaked out, and saw that my face was stark white. I went home after that, but the flick stayed with me, and when it hit DVD, I just knew I had to buy it.

I don't watch it that often, but, there are times, when I get the urge, and, when I do, it still creeps me out.

I can't even watch that Animal Planet show MONSTERS INSIDE ME, about people having problems with parasites. Oh, murder!

This flick, however, I just gotta see! Yes, it does look squirm inducing, but it's got a cool looking monster and some nice T&A! Actutally, it does remind me of those 80s Corman flicks, when he was in his prime and producing cool shit, rather than the bad shit he does for SyFy.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
This looks so bad. I have to see it. Love the intro... flaccid Florida sky.. ROFL. Got to love it!

neli

Grip
Real Name
neli moss
I will surely watch Parasitic movie in the next month as this month i am busy in my office work.I have see all the pictures that you have shared in the thread.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
June 26th from Phase 4 Films.
16x9 widescreen
5.1 surround
FEATURES: trailer
Run time: 78 minutes

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
The pics of the parasites remind me of the ones found around Spock's photon tube in Star Trek III.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks