What's new

Paramount... (1 Viewer)

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
This great idea came from John Williamson, and I used Paint Shop Pro to bring it to life, so to speak.
When you guys finally get around to doing a new version of Titanic, we think this would be a great cover for it.
John Williamson: "I have even envisioned the case, it would be brushed aluminum just like the T2 case, except it would be black, with rivets embossed all over it, and the title 'T i t a n i c' in gold embossed on the front. To make it look like the case is made from a piece of the ship's hull. Man that would be so cool!"
Me:
a212210.jpg

This would be a fantastic touch to a two disc special edition. :)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Joe:
FYI:www.titanicmovie.com also has a background pic of the hull and rivets based on the type used in the film.
Could add a little color. Check the site out. There are other backgrounds as well.
BTW: I also like yours as well.
------------------

GregBarron

Agent
To Paramount and Martin B.,
First a HUGE thank you for the work you've done with the Godfather trilogy....from what I can see this will be quite a set.
Secondly, I want to ask that you seriously consider a S.E. of Titanic. I'm sure it will fly off the shelves....with lots of special features, anamorphic transfer, maybe even DTS sound. Please give James Cameron a push if need be to get this ball rolling.
I'm also in favor of the box art shown above with the aluminium cover and the rivets....very classy looking and very fitting of such a blockbuster movie.
Thank you in advance,
Greg

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Hey Joe,
If I sent you what little artwork I have, do you think you could make one of those mockup covers for my little Paramount crusade LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE FABULOUS STAINS?
biggrin.gif

Well, you can't fault a guy for asking.
frown.gif

------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

Travis D

Second Unit
I REALLY like the second one, just lose the strips at the top though. I would buy this with out thinking if a 2 disc Titanic set came out. Although, I'd buy 3 if came with the aluminum cover your proposing.

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
I like it!
Matt
------------------
"Do not use to unclog a disposal drain." - On a box of Dynamite (from Joseph Howard)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Dude, the cover is sweet looking. I really hope that Paramount will come to their senses and release a special edition of this film. I have been holding out on buying the current edition because of the lack of extras. Please Paramount release a new edition!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Ditto here too!
I wanna see some deleted scenes! DTS would rule on this one too!
------------------
"I always thought two rights made a U-turn."

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
Very nice!
I buy an SE of TITANIC in a heart beat!
------------------
LuvLBX
The screen isn't half empty, it's half full.

JasonTil

Agent
If I remember right, getting Titanic on a single DVD was quite a feat. I doubt that it would be feasible for Paramount to include a DTS track unless the movie was spread out over two discs. At that point, we would probably have a lot of complaints about having two discs.
I, for one, would love to have a DTS version of Titanic even if it required two discs.
Oh, and Paramount, while you're at it, how bout anamorphic/DTS versions of Clear and Present Danger and Hunt for Red October.
Jason Tilley

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
If Paramount decides to release new editions of the Jack Ryan movies, I'm thinking they would probably do it next summer so it would coincide with the theatrical release of The Sum of All Fears.
[Edited last by Daniel Kikin on July 27, 2001 at 10:19 AM]

Personally, I will not buy the current copy of Titanic because it is not Anamorphic. And if it does get released again, I think it should come out in DTS as well. They did a DTS laserdisc version which was totally awesome. It would be nice to get the best picture and sound on one disc.
------------------

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
I think a SE would be a good idea, but DTS is probably not a realistic expectation. Paramount is probably the only studio left that has never released a DTS DVD and seems to have no plans to do so. Aside from that, bring on the SE!
------------------
Gee, I hope this doesn't lower your opinion of me

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, we would.
However, there should be a full director's cut with a kick ass DTS track (full bitrate) along the lines of Sony's possible SuperBit DVDs.
No Dolby Digital to make room for better video quality.
Dan

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Umm...I would need both DD and DTS, becuase I don't have DTS on all my T.Vs guys...
I wouldn't have a problem with the movie being split over two discs..even though it would mean a 3-disc set...probably... Still would be cool.
------------------
"I've been all around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
That is a sweeeeeeet case! Paramount and other studios ought to hire some of the members here!
------------------
screw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks