What's new

Paramount - What is the status on these? Any plans? (2 Viewers)

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
I absolutely love the wonderful work that Paramount have done and are doing on DVD. It's really first rate, thank you.

Firstly, congratulations on the success of 'Hardball' and 'Rat Race' on Home Video. I understand both are doing very well for Paramount. 'Hardball' especially, I thought was a great little movie. They are both fantastic discs and 'Zoolander' looks like being great as well!

Secondly, I was wondering if Paramount had any plans for the following titles, and if not, could you consider them. All have been mentioned regularly on internet forums and home theater sites.

The titles are:

Top Gun (Special Edition with anamorphic video and supplements)

Titanic (Special Edition with anamorphic video and supplements)

Deep Impact (Special Edition with anamorphic video and supplements)

Jack Ryan Trilogy inc. Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games, Clear And Present Danger (Special Editions with anamorphic video and supplements)

Primal Fear (Special Edition with anamorphic video and supplements)

Scrooged (Special Edition with supplements)

Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains

Fire In The Sky

Indiana Jones Trilogy (Raiders in particular!)

Please let me know your thoughts on the above titles / DVD releases.

Many thanks,

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
The only title we are revisiting at present for a Special Edition is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, so sorry, none of these are under consideration for this year. Many are obviously candidates for a later date though.

None of the other titles will be out on DVD any time soon. Several are under consideration, but they aren't on the 2002 schedule. Sorry to disappoint you.

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
martin, any chance of Black Sheep and National Lampoon's Attack of the 5'2" Women this year, please?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Martin,

Would you happen to know when the specs will be released for Star Trek II: Special Edition and if it will be the same transfer as the original DVD?

Thanks.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
That seems to clear up Indiana Jones for 2002. At least now we know.

Martin, it's always great to hear from you. Thanks for your time.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Mr. Blythe...

Is there a remote chance Paramount will consider releasing a DVD of the 1927 "Wings" to DVD this year?

It's the 75th anniv. and it's a really good opportunity to release a silent film. Fox is releasing Sunrise this summer, so it would be nice to see two original studio-released silent films on DVD this year.

I would be happy with a bare-bones DVD of Wings even...just the digitally recorded Gaylord Carter score and perhaps the segment from "Hollywood" about the movie.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I have heard from another "STAINS" fan who says that he personally spoke with a Paramount rep. (He understanably wouldn't say who).

He did say, however, that Paramount are very, very aware of all the interest in "Ladies And Gentlemen.. The Fabulous Stains" and that the studios main issue of concern was the "clearance issues" to be sorted out, of which there is a fair few apparently.

But rest assured, they are taking this films renewed popularity very seriously, so there is hope but nothing concrete.

Many people have also spoken with Sarah Jacobson who directed the excellent "Stains" documentary on the films production, troubled history, and eventual cult success. She says that she would be more than happy to be involved and help Paramount make the best DVD edition possible. Infact she'd love to offer her help!

Also, with "Unfaithful" being such a big hit, and getting it's star Diane Lane alot of media and critical attention, I'm sure that could also help Paramount sort-out the clearance issues and release the film on DVD as soon as they can.

Please DO NOT take this as a confirmation of "...Stains" coming to DVD, it ISN'T yet, but it does look as promising as it ever has.

So keep your fingers crossed. Paramount like any other business recognises that making money is done to timing, and they know this film (and it's stars) are as popular as they have ever been.

Thanks.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would love to have all the Jack Ryan movies in anamorphic widescreen (and hopefully some extras too). :)

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I wouldn't mind seeing
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE
L'IL ABNER
BLOOD AND ROSES
EVENT HORIZON 16:9 enhanced Special Edition
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 16:9 enhanced Special Edition
SCROOGE
Hopefully these titles will be coming soon to a DVD player near me.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
Would you happen to know when the specs will be released for Star Trek II: Special Edition and if it will be the same transfer as the original DVD?
The specs have already been released:
Starring: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, See more
Director: Nicholas Meyer
Encoding: Region 1 (US and Canada only)
Format: Color, Closed-captioned, Dolby
Rated:
Studio: Paramount Home Video
DVD Features:
Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer
Disc 1:
Extended director's edition of the film
Text commentary by Michael Okuda (co-author of The Star Trek Encyclopedia)
Disc 2:
The Captain's Log (new, exclusive cast & crew interviews with Nicholas Meyer, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Ricardo Montalban, and Harve Bennett)
"Designing Khan" featurette
"The Visual Effects of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" featurette
Original interviews with DeForest Kelley, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, and Ricardo Montalban
"The Star Trek Universe: A Novel Approach" by authors Julia Ecklar and Greg Cox (includes interviews with the authors of "A Test of Character: The Kobayashi Maru Scenario" and "The Eugenics Wars: A History of Khan Noonien Singh")
Storyboard archives
Widescreen anamorphic format
Number of discs: 2
--
While it may be the same transfer it does have new scenes, so at least some of it will be new :)
B0000683DH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
Martin,

Last yr. you indicated that O.K. Corral, and Nevada Smith were being prepared; any updates? In addition; I'd be a buyer of the following:

1.Buccaneer, The

2.Dragonslayer

3.Lady Jane

4.Last Outpost, The

5.Pony Express

6.Villa Rides

Bob Engleman

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Martin,

Glad ST II is progressing. Of course new SE's of all the Star Trek movies, in Anamorphic Widescreen would be widely welcome by all.

I also want to add my support for Top Gun, Hunt for Red October, Deep Impact re-releases in Anamorphic Wide Screen. And of course, releasing the Indiana Jones Trilogy.

Thanks for the great work from Paramount.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I really hope Paramount releases a Titanic Special Edition in 2003. I know many people who would buy an SE in a heartbeat. Why the delay Paramount? Are you guys waiting for James Cameron to participate or just reluctant to revisit an old title. Its been about 4 years since the initial release, so please listen to your fans. For heaven's sake, we're talking about the biggest grossing movie ever. Thanks!

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Bob, last I heard, Paramount were having some problems with NEVADA SMITH( An alltime favorite of mine and certainly one of Steve McQueen's best movies) and it had been put back until sometime next year.

Maybe Martin can confirm.

I also would love to see a DVD release of the colorful, exuberant and rousing Charlton Heston Western "PONY EXPRESS"

I remember it was run here in Australia in the fifties as the support feature for "War of the Worlds"

That was indeed a great and highly memorable double!

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Anamorphic reissues of TOP GUN, TITANIC, JACK RYAN TRILOGY would be great! FABULOUS STAINS would be great next year if possible!

I remember seeing "Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains" eons ago. This is a cool movie. It was cool then and it seems even cooler now. I have always seen it's unfortunate history as kinda mystical. It almost adds to it's appeal, and I'm still to this day baffled as to why Paramount buried the film.

Eitherway, an OFFICIAL DVD release of "LAG:TFS" would be very welcome sometime in the near future. People pay HUGE $$$$ for 'bootleg' copies nowadays.

ciao, Ricky

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Any word on any of these Paramount catalog goodies coming to Region 1 DVD before too long?
  • THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967, uncut, all the original music intact, commentary track by James Coburn & Theodore J. Flicker)
  • THE NAKED PREY (1966)
  • TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE (1959)
  • TARZAN THE MAGNIFICENT (1960)
  • THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH (1959)
  • CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER (1973)
  • FRANKENSTEIN & THE MONSTER FROM HELL (1973, uncut)
  • THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK (1946)
  • THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM (1968)
  • DANGER: DIABOLIK (1968)
  • THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU (1968)
  • I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE (1958)
  • ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (1964)
  • CRACK IN THE WORLD (1965)
  • MURPHY'S WAR (1971)
  • DARK CITY (1950)
  • THE NAKED JUNGLE (1954)
  • THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH (1952)
  • THE BIG CARNIVAL/ACE IN THE HOLE (1951)
  • BROADWAY BILL (1934)
  • LADY IN A CAGE (1964)
  • TARGETS (1968)
  • UNMAN, WITTERING, ZIGO (1971)
  • THE DOUBLE MAN (1967)
  • FRAULEIN DOKTOR (1969)
  • LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL (1959)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks