What's new

Paramount TV in 06? (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Paramount Wish List:

Coronet Blue, When Things Were Rotten, The Young Lawyers, The Immortal, Paper Moon, The Untouchables, The Fugitive, The Invaders, Streets of San Francisco, Ben Casey, The Millionaire, Our Miss Brooks, The Lineup, Trackdown, Petrocelli, Mannix, The Lucy Show, Love American Style, December Bride, He and She, Governor and JJ, The Good Guys, Cannon, Rawhide, The Rebel, People's Choice, Whirlybirds, How to Marry a Millionaire, The Nurses, For the People, Slattery's People.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

Yes, absolutely. Six episodes, one disc. Done. Dave and/or Gord - is there anything you can say to your Paramount contacts about this? These are some of the last VHS tapes I have left to replace.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'm hoping (and probably will come true if their past releases are any indication) they will finish releasing all seasons of MacGyver + the 2 TV movies.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah I have been waiting for Gomer Pyle USMC and its almost January ..anymore word on This?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
David, any rumors for...

Untouchables (old and new)
Special Unit 2
7 Days

Thanks!

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
David, it's not been announced yet. I could tell you my source, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

John*P

Second Unit

Me too. I was all excited about the supposed season 1 DVD set that was rumored to be released early this year...but obviously we didn't get that. Maybe next year, but David's comment about possible legal issues gives me doubts...

Family Ties is pretty much the only Paramount series not yet released that I REALLY want. More season sets of Laverne & Shirley would be nice. Ditto for S2 of Joan of Arcadia. (if that is indeed a Paramount show)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I'm for a Joan of Arcadia Season 2 DVD, as well John. I loved that show. Also, does anyone know if Judging Amy is popular enough for a DVD release?
-James

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Well, Pery Mason is a must-buy, as is the Gunsmoke 50th Anniversary set. If only they started doing season sets- I'd love to see more of the early years with Dennis Weaver and Burt Reynolds.

Paramount should really do an Ultimate Police Squad set with the complete TV series and the three feature films.

A legit, remastered Beverly Hillbillies release is overdue- I think the MPI release has finally got Paramount to realize this.

Also needed- futher releases of:
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Mork & Mindy

and first-season releases for:
Mission: Impossiblewhat's taking so long?
Mannix
JAG

and a show that was way ahead of its time
He & She aka "Mad About You 1967"- all 26 episodes in a neat boxed set with new interviews with the still-married (over 40 years!) Richard Benjamin & Paula Prentiss

Are you listening, Paramount?
That's my Christmas wish to you.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
It will be interesting to see what kind of release schedule Paramount can keep up with their classic hour shows. There seem to be a large number of hour shows on Paramount's schedule. The half hours seem to have a definite schedule. Andy Griffith is on a 3-4 month schedule. Hogan's Heroes is on a 6 month schedule. Hopefully they will be able to maintain both the quality and a reasonable release schedule.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'll always maintain that there can be no serious discussion about what Paramount should release without a mention of THE FUGITIVE. It's easily the single best property they own that has yet to be either released or at least rumored for 2006.

Gary "I'm more shocked at this series not being released yet than any other - and that includes not only Paramount owned shows, but all tv shows" O.

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
Now that they're buying DreamWorks, Paramount can take advantage by releasing two succesful Michael J. Fox shows at the same time (Family Ties and Spin City). Maybe they should think about releasing season sets of both shows on the same day, a'la Cheers and Frasier.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I want star trek: tas, taxi s4, happy days s2, laverne & shirley s2, mork and mindy s2!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks