What's new

Paramount: Thanks for Wayne's World 1 and 2! (1 Viewer)

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
I am very happy to own these on dvd. The picture and sound quality were "excellent" for films that are about a decade old( the picture on Wayne's World was just as good as new movies). And the menus were awesome. Thanks.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Ditto. Awesome discs (except they were just rentals for me
tongue.gif
)
------------------
screw.jpg

Gui A

Supporting Actor
This is one of the most creative menus I've ever seen. I hope they win awards for it. Can't wait for what they do next...
------------------
but i don't want to be a pirate!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just want to sneak in here and say thanks for both Wayne's World DVD's. Great menus as well. But I didn't get my Sports Illistrated football phone
frown.gif

------------------
Read my weekly movie review column at Las Vegas Film Society www.emperor.net/lvfs/index.html?

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
it was sent to the wrong house you will recieve it tommorrow with the sports illustrated swimsuit issue and the video stanley cup 100 years of glory. Yes the disc are awesome and they are the favorite in my collection cause they rule.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to rain on the parade here, but I was extremely disappointed they still didn't get the full music rights- I did not buy this set because of that, just like I never bought the VHS or laserdisc that came out 9 years ago. At least Paramount had the decency to put plenty of mentions of this on the cover; I have a VHS of "Saturday Night Fever" that has a LOT of music replaced without any mention of it at all on the cover! It seems Paramount has more problems with music rights than any other studio too (Universal running a close second, though they seem to have fixed more older titles lately.)
But I won't knowingly buy an altered version of any movie, period- I already got burned with "Revenge of the Nerds" which had a cut I didn't know about til after I bought it.

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
I heard Paramount tried to get the original music back for the dvds but could not. This is why the dvds took a long time to come out. Besides the stairway riff being replaced in Wayne's World, what other music was replaced in the two movies?

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Brett, I don't think they got the full music rights for the songs in the WW2 trailer.
------------------
but i don't want to be a pirate!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The only place you'll see WW with all the music is an old print. Sad but true
frown.gif
They tried, and that's all I can ask. I severely doubt we'll ever NOT be denied Stairway
frown.gif

Jeff Kleist

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I never saw either Wayne's World films in the theater, so the video versions are what I know. I guess I don't care too much.
"Take me Garth!"
"Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket."
I'm personally rather happy with the discs. However, I would've liked to have seen the "Addams Family spoof" trailer, so it's a little bit of a dissapointment there.
------------------
"I've been all around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
[Edited last by Nate Anderson on July 16, 2001 at 10:07 AM]

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
My discs arrived today.
Bravo, Paramount! They have to be the best menus I've ever seen for a DVD, bar none. Whoever came up with the idea deserves a raise.
icon14.gif

DanR

Supporting Actor
Now this is a thread I can really love! Thanks for the comments. I will pass them on for sure.
Martin,
Members of the Home Theater Forum have been known to give out gushing praise like this thread. I know we complain a lot, but we're perfectionists. You and your team at Paramount shouldn't take many of the comments personally nor should you see them as a sign that your efforts go unappreciated.
It must be somewhat terrifying to be constantly evaluated every day (like all studios are here at this forum and many others). However, trust me, your studio really has nothing to worry about. Keep the most requested titles coming in a constant and reasonably paced stream, pay attention to the quality and quantity of content you're producing vs. your competitors (at a given price), and keep up the quality audio/video on your DVDs. If you do that, you'll easily be/remain one of the top studios producing DVDs.
wink.gif

Regards,
Dan

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I, too, am thrilled with this purchase...
Surprisingly, when I got home, I was more excited about this purchase than I had been about any purchase since Gladiator... and that's saying a lot for me!
Party On Martin!
P.S. Have we talked about DTS yet?
biggrin.gif

------------------
sig.jpg

[Edited last by Jason Merrick on July 16, 2001 at 11:08 PM]

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
My thanks go out too. I love being able to watch a beautiful sounding/looking version of a couple of movies I really like. Thanks again.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I just finished watching Wayne's world 1 and 2 and wow These DVD'S are EXCELLENT.
" It sucks and it cuts " It sure does suck "
Both movies are brilliant.
Paramount, were not worthy, were not worthy
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help me get The Sandlot released on DVD. I have started a petition please, please sign it:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002920.html

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Martin, I will definitely be buying the WAYNE'S WORLD DVD's sometime soon. I too am somewhat dismayed that they can't be completely restored to their theatrical versions (or that you did not find the "Addams Family" spoof trailer in time), but you did your best, and that means something.
As far as this sticky thing of music rights, I know it is often a hard thing to justify to the shareholders, paying what feels like extortion money to record companies that are essentially holding your materials hostage. Perhaps you should set up a trust fund. Just as HTF and Mobius allow for direct donations, and have links to merchants that provide them with revenue, maybe you should set up a "piggy bank" where the fanatics like us can help donate money towards paying residuals. It would send a subtle hint to the music companies and the studio bean-counters that the buyers do care about music in movies, and we are willing to help the effort to maintain their original intended usage.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I was very pleasantly surprised with the Wayne's World set. The quality of the transfers on both films was excellent, and Paramount even threw in some great extra features.
Also, I have to mention the title menus. Of all my discs, they are definitely my favorites. Paramount should give the person who thought of them a raise!
Thanks Paramount--nice job.
------------------
John
http://www.twowiresthin.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks