Paramount: Star Trek special editions beyond VI?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steve Vivona, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Steve Vivona

Steve Vivona Auditioning

Mr. Blythe,

I was just wondering if Paramount plans to do special editions of the "Next Generation" Star Trek films, Generations, First Contact and Insurrection or will they end with Star Trek VI?

Thanks!
    Steve

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I believe the plan was to do all of the Star Trek films that way.

3. Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe Second Unit

Steve, as a member of the press (unless there are two of you), feel free to contact us directly, not that I can be that forthcoming on this subject! Cheers, Martin

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I think at least one of those was non-anamorphic, so I hope they do them, at least for that.

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Other than S.T 5 I would love to see the footage the supposedly cut out of 6 and 7 and of course a Nemesis Directors cut

6. Aaron Thomas

Aaron Thomas Stunt Coordinator

Given that the Star Trek brand name is a license to print money for Paramount, I assume the only question left is how to space out the releases in order to maximize profits (and minimize complaints of "Why wasn't this an SCE in the first place?").

On a personal note, while I applaud Paramount's willingness to consider releasing Director's Cuts, I hope they consider keeping the theatrical version in print as they have for The Wrath of Khan.

Aaron Thomas
    A professor once told me that I wasn't quite original when I subtitled my rewrite of a paper on the Categorical Imperative "The Wrath of Kant"