What's new

Paramount: Star Trek: Nemesis (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I agree with you Geoff but that doesn't stop me form wanting it to happen! :) It's too bad they never made any TV movies or miniseries with DS9, like they did with Babylon 5.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I love DS9 more than any other Trek, I would love a miniseries

Here's what's blocking that from happening

The Promenade is a HUGE set. Maybe it's been stored (with Trek, that IS possible), but more than likely it's scrap. Very expensive to put back up.

Colm Meany now has a new TV series, and he works ALL THE TIME. He's missed several HUGE Trek cons where he was literally the only one missing. Avery Brooks is likewise on the stage somewhere seemingly all the time. Alexander Siddig (Siddig El Fadil) is starting to do pretty well in getting movie roles.

I also feel the series is over. It ended, please don't do any more. Bring Kira and Dr. Bashir into the next Trek movie! Throw in Tom Paris Tuvok and Harry Kim, and mix with some leftover next-geners for a total crossover blast!

OR do something really daring

New Trek movie

New Ship

New people

new time

see if it flies

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Jeff, not sure if you're into the books, but you should read the DS9 relaunch books. So far 4 are out and there is a new four-part series called Mission:Gamma that will be out in September, along with a new hardcover and paperback in January. All the books that are out do a really great job of capturing the feel of the series and the characters. I highly recommend all of them, especially since new DS9 will probably never be on any screen again.
Also, I remember reading that the DS9 sets were destroyed after the finale was filmed, but I could be wrong. Can't wait for the DVDs next year (I hope!). :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Here's the latest: Link Removed has quotes from the latest Rick Berman article in the Star Trek Communicator where he says that the movie's run time will be around two hours, give or take a minute. He said the studio even asked for stuff to be put back in. Considering that Insurrection was only 103 minutes, this is very good news. Hopefully we will still get some cut footage for the DVD.
Also, this is slightly off topic but is a cool cameo if it makes the final cut - according to the IMDb Link Removed for Nemesis, Bryan Singer is playing a bridge officer.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Randy-

Bryan Singer is the director of Usual Suspects and X-Men. Apparently he's a Trekker and got X-men/Trek star Patrick to arrange a cameo.

- Guy

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Daniel, I'll give them a shot, but I've hated every ST novel I've read so far, so don't have hope I'll like them :)

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
As Far as the Future of Trek is concerned I'm in agreement with an earlier post that some sort of Crossover episode incorporating members of the different series casts would be fun ala "Yesterday's Enterprise" or "The Relic" from STNG. I don't believe "Enterprise" will make it to the big screen as it is the least popular of all the Trek Franchises. Scott Backula once said (paraphrased) that he "didn't want to be the Captain that sank the Franchise"

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
After seeing the preview on TV last night during The Twilight Zone, I just have to say this re: the eventual DVD release of Nemesis:

PLEASE get any and all music rights issues sorted out now so we get the trailers ON the DVD, not omitted, a la Tomb Raider or Zoolander.

Also, (and I take this with a grain of salt) I understand there might be at least 30-40 minutes of deleted scenes left over. I know Rick Berman isn't a big fan but this sounds like good stuff. It'd be a shame to leave it all out.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
I could see Enterprise movies being made in the future. It would give audiences enough time to develop a wanting for Trek again. (A six year movie hiatus!) After all, The Enterprise is the icon of Trek that even non-trekkies recognize. These people may not pay to see Voyager or DS9, but maybe Scott Bakula and the old 1701 could bring in some cash.
Oh well, maybe Berman will get saucy and give us Star Trek: The Search For Sisko!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Scott, looks like you may be right about Rick Berman. Trekweb has a Link Removed with quotes from a Rick Berman interview in the British Star Trek Monthly.
The executive also mentions that at present, no plans are yet in place for particular "extra" footage to be included in the eventual DVD release of STAR TREK NEMESIS--but he says this is more due to the fact that the release print of the film is only just now nearing completion and sorting through potential material for the DVD will be later.
"Well, there are a lot of interviews and a lot of B-roll behind- the-scenes footage that's been shot, but we shoot a lot of that kind of stuff on every film. As far as extra scenes for the DVD, there's nothing that comes to mind. And we probably wouldn't know that we had an extra scene until we've got a final print of the film."
I could be wrong but it sounds like he's making excuses - there's been so much footage cut already (i.e. Wil Wheaton's cameo among others). This interview could have taken place a couple of months back but even then we knew that a lot of footage was cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks