What's new

Paramount: Robinson Crusoe on Mars DVD (1 Viewer)

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
Any posibility of this title making it to DVD next year or so? Perhaps a special edition?
Thanks
Jim
p.s. This was brought up in the software section, thought a response might be more likely here.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This title is brought up so often in threads that it would be nice to get an answer from Paramount finally - is this being considered for DVD release?

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
¡Yo También!
------------------
screw.jpg

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I would buy in a second also, but in the mean time I'll NEVER part with my Criterion LD!!

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i just pulled out my LD and watched this great movie...i do hope that i can be released on DVD....The CRITERION suppliments were great...but the movie is to be appreciated unto its self.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This really is an utterly charming film--though dated, it's genuine science fiction, and somehow it manages to arouse that sense of wonder and awe in a way those three recent Mars-oriented movies never could hope to. It's a real gem, and given that other early classics are on DVD--First Men in the Moon, Destination Moon--it's high time this title made it to DVD.

Does Paramount still own the rights to it? If so, then whaddya waitin' for? Crusoe has a built-in fan base; you'd sell thousands of copies.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Now that THE TENANT is on its way later this year, ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS is my new favorite hoped-for Paramount DVD.

--Bill

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I find it a bit puzzling Mr Blythe as to why Paramount has no DVD plans for this film. Is it a problem with the condition of the source elements, or a perception that there is no market for the film(I would not think so considering the reponse in this thread), or is it a corporate bias against older & lesser known movies(i.e. Warners). Or does Joe Six Pack rule the day. I guess I just don't understand the corporate mind. Considering how many small & little known movies got released on LD, I just find it hard to understand why the releasing of catalog titles is so unpopular these days. Thank your for your kind attention Mr Blythe.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I too would like to see this released. I've read quite a bit on this title.

Mr. Blythe,

Has Paramount given any consideration to creating a line of discs somewhat like MGM's Midnite Movies series, for cult sci-fi, horror, mystery fare?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for responding to this thread Mr Blythe although the news is very disappointing. I hope that Paramount will one day see that this film has a a lot of devoted fans who would snatch up the DVD in a moments notice. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Think of it this way, fellas: At least Paramount now knows there's a desire to see this film on DVD. The bug is planted squarely in the corporate ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks