What's new

Paramount Re-issues (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
No one has said Uncut SE of the Friday the 13th movies yet? All 8 films in a box-set, all uncut, special features, Part 3 in 3-D, collector's booklet, etc.(but all this is probably asking for WAY too much when it's Paramount we're talking about) New Line did a set for Nightmare On Elm Street, please Paramount, give the fans what they actually want.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i'm all for this!!

surprisingly (since i remember most of these tranfers fondly), when my RP91 scales some of my old favorites like Event Horizon, Escape From LA, the Jack Ryan trilogy on my new 16:9 (F38310)- the results are pretty dismal looking. Far less resolution and more noise than most non-anamorphic transfers of the same vintage. They all look the same to me, and much different than other studios' non anamorphic offerings from 1997-2000. Anyone else notice this??

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Apocalypse Now (original cut) Special Edition
-Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse
-Feature Length Commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
-Deleted Scenes (additional Brando and Scott Glenn scenes) with commentary
-Destruction of Kurtz Compound with commentary
-Production Notes
-Theatrical Trailers
-Cast/Crew Interviews

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
No one has said Uncut SE of the Friday the 13th movies yet? All 8 films in a box-set, all uncut, special features, Part 3 in 3-D, collector's booklet, etc.(but all this is probably asking for WAY too much when it's Paramount we're talking about) New Line did a set for Nightmare On Elm Street, please Paramount, give the fans what they actually want.
Paramount,
I would definatly purchase a Friday the 13TH box set (F13 movies must be uncut). The main reason why I haven't purchased the F13 movies on DVD is because the F13 movies are edited.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Another vote for The Truman Show. This needs a better transfer in 16x9 (current one is rather dirty for a recent film). Just make sure the AR is Peter Weir's preferred 1.66:1 (windowbox as needed). I'd like to see some of the deleted scenes that were shot (the construction of a Fiji set, more material in the real world with Cristof and the actors arguing over story lines and plot points, etc). Also Andrew Niccol shot some documentary footage with Harry Shearer, some of which made it into the trailers. Perhaps more of this material exists? A Peter Weir - Andrew Niccol commentary would be excellent. For now I'll just make do with the introductory notes they wrote for the publication of the TS script.

Bill-
wouldn't get any hopes up for AN. Coppola controls the movie now so it's his call as to a re-release, and given his recent statements about prefering Redux, the current DVD may be the last we ever see of the original. Would be nice to see some of the material from the workprint though. And why Hearts of Darkness isn't on DVD is beyond me.

Charles-
I don't think you'll be getting a Clancy commentary anytime soon on the original three Jack Ryan films as Clancy has stated numerous times how much he despises them. The only JR film he approves of is Sum of All Fears.

StevenW

Second Unit
The Paramount title that I would most like to see re-mastered is 48 HOURS. A commentary track from the principals (Nick Nolte, Eddie Murphy, Annette O'Toole, Walter Hill) would be nice, as would some deleted scenes, but I'd settle for a new anamorphic transfer.
Yes I would love for, at the least, a new 16x9 transfer of 48hrs & another 48hrs.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Escape From L.A. is an underrated classic in my opinion, and in dire need of an SE reissue. John Carpenter/Kurt Russell commentaries are some of the best ones out there, and hearing them chat about LA would be fantastic!
I am also all for those Friday the 13th re-releases that have been rumored about for some time. I have bought all of the other discs, but I will be more than happy to buy these films again.
Thanks Mr. Blythe.

Jason_S

Stunt Coordinator
I would get so absolutely jacked up for a "Friday the 13th" UNCUT box set. "Friday" fans deserve this; we deserve to have available to us, the original uncut versions of these films, especially Part VII and Part ... well ALL of them! Additionally, I would purchase the entire set. I wouldn't be one to complain about the UNCUT discs not being sold separately. "FRIDAY THE 13TH" series UNCUT--bring it on!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Paramount REALLY needs to reissue the Croneneberg classic, THE DEAD ZONE as a special edition with Cronenberg commentary, etc.
An EVENT HORIZON and THE RELIC SEs would be great as well, and I agree about an ESCAPE FROM LA SE, as well as uncut F13 SEs.
Also, how about the classic slasher, MY BLOODY VALENTINE uncut.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Also, how about the classic slasher, MY BLOODY VALENTINE uncut.
Yes! I'm not a great horror fan, but this is one i really dug. I was very disappointed when they announced that it'd be the R Rated version. Please re-issue the Uncut version in the future, and include the trailer.
I'm also all for a re-issue SE of Escape From L.A. Yes, it didn't make much at the box-office, but look at how much other Carpenter films are selling right now. The Fog is #3 at DVDEmpire.com right now, higher than even the Pulp Fiction CE! You've got to know your audience, and I know an Escape From L.A. Special Edition would make a great amount.
As I said in another thread, I'd also most likely pick up a Friday the 13th Box set, if only to just prove a point to Paramount that if they do well, we will reward them with sales. (plus, a box set with a large hockey mask on the spines would look quite nifty on the old Riarson family DVD shelf, I think.) :)
I'd also pick up re-issues of...
Event Horizon
Mission Impossible
Snake Eyes
It saddens me to hear that Major League isn't getting more extras. I remember seeing an HBO First Look special on it waaaaaaay back when.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I'd also like to see a special edition of The Hunt for Red October, the best adaptation of a Clancy novel and the best character portrayal of Jack Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks