What's new

Paramount Press Release: Star Trek TOS Season One (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
It's been an expensive week already, but I'm finding it hard to resist grabbing this for $64.99.
And the screenshots at dvdbeaver are pretty awesome.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Agreed. I also picked up the set at Amazon for $65. Great screen caps on DVD Beaver. I can't wait to be able to sit down and watch TOS on blu ray!

I'm also planning on picking up the Trilogy set of the feature films.

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott

Amazon shipped it this morning with an expected delivery date of tomorrow (up until it shipped, the expected delivery date was always 4/30). I guess Paramount hasn't asked Amazon to hold off shipping until release date after all.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Amazon ususally ships my pre-orders (not many of them) on Monday and I get them Wednesday. That's when my TOS is scheduled to arrive. I can live with that.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the original Desilu closing logo is on these episodes without the 1978 Paramount copyright?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The HD-DVD did have the Desilu logo. And the clarity was such that you could see a little shadow on the"D" as it curled around onto itself!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
It is a sign from the gods - I already have this on HD but the BluRay has been released on birthday. It would be foolish of me to ignore such a sign. ;)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Happy Birthday, Lou! Maybe I'll open up one of the remaining Romulan Ales I got from The ST Experience in Vegas!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from Best Buy and I've got Star Trek Season 1 in my hot hands!

One thing, I noticed that all the boxes there had some rattling inside. My worst fear came true and disc 1 and disc 7 were loose. No obvious scratches. It's my lunch break, so I'll play an episode to be sure it's okay. Now which one?....

And I was going to watch my recording of The Big Bang Theory....

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I noticed a similar rattling in all the sets, but mine only had a loose disc 7. The disc looks OK though. While I appreciate the slim packaging, I'd prefer slightly deeper hubs! This might affect a lot of those getting their sets in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks